Planning Business Support Officer .
South Oxfordshire District Council and Vale of White Horse District Council are forward thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme. They have modern open plan offices and smart working practices and the technology to support mobile working.
Position: Planning Business Support Officer
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week, Mon to Fri.
Salary: Grade 2; £19,211 per annum
Closing Date: 12 noon on 24 May 2019
Interview date: 7 June 2019
About the role:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic team player to work within our planning registration team. You’ll play a key part in ensuring that the initial stages of the planning application process are accurate, efficient and customer focused.
- Transferring applications received online to an internal images drive.
- Downloading applications from the planning portal.
- Validation and registration of planning applications.
- Collecting, opening and distributing post within the service.
- Recording of correspondence on Ocella, our internal database system, including applications, pre applications, amendments, appeals, enforcement notices and tree works.
- Logging planning enquiries onto Ocella.
- Processing tree work applications.
- Responding to and allocating emails within the general registration mailbox.
- Process consultations relating to planning applications.
- Assisting with general administration duties when necessary.
- Undertaking any other duties appropriate to the role and grade.
- GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths, or equivalent qualification or level of experience.
- A good working and current knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Good literacy and written communication skills.
- Good level of general accuracy.
- Good level of keyboard skills.
- Ability to follow procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in person and on the telephone.
- Knowledge and experience of database usage.
- At least one year’s experience of working within a busy office environment.
- Experience of using photocopiers, office printers, scanners and large scale plotters / printers.
If you have the following experience or qualifications – it’s a bonus:
- Experience of working with Ocella or good data base skills.
- Knowledge and experience of working with a GIS system.
- An understanding of the planning service and the services which it provides.
- Ability to read different types of plans.
You may have experience of the following: Planning Officer, Local Authority, Policy, Town Planning, Council, Planner, Town Planner, Legislation, RTPI, Neighbourhood Development, Office Assistant, Administrator, Administration, etc.