Central Operations Coordinator .
Position: Central Operations Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £21,000 per annum
About the role
The Central Operations Team provide a range of business product services to the operational delivery team. This includes process analysis and business improvement, data administration, training/support services and project management, to facilitate our clients delivery of National Citizen Service (NCS). NCS is a government funded programme that in 2019 will see them work with over 5,000 temporary staff and 40,000 young people.
They are looking to recruit six Central Operations Coordinators on a fixed term contract to support in ensuring the smooth delivery of all central logistics. This includes Transport, food and equipment management for the NCS summer programme.
The breakdown of the team will be:
- Liaising with their providers, local delivery teams and seasonal staff to gather accurate data about journeys and the transport provided
- Utilising transport-specific software and excel to plan and check journey data for several thousand journeys throughout the summer
- Provide phone and email support to transport providers, local delivery teams and seasonal staff: ad-hoc queries, amending booked journeys and resolving last minute transport requests.
- Liaising with their food providers, local delivery teams and seasonal staff to gather accurate data about quantities required, remaining and waste
- Order the food requested and work with the local programmes teams to monitor spending
- Work with local delivery teams to coordinate food deliveries, ad hoc orders and support with issues, to ensure that all programmes have the food they need to cater to different dietary requirements
- Supporting the Senior Procurement Associate with various warehouse related task such as equipment audits and inventories, organising the warehouse, labelling equipment, arranging equipment repairs and managing deliveries
- To support their local delivery teams with any practical issues that arise with equipment and ensure that replacement equipment where necessary is delivered efficiently and cost effectively.
They are looking for outstanding individuals with the following qualities:
- Excellent organisational skills and commitment to detail and accuracy.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to form and maintain business relationships
- Able to work collaboratively with people across various departments and locations
- Aptitude for working with large volumes of data
- Excellent in problem solving and a drive to improve processes and maintain high quality
- Learns from their mistakes and always commits to performing at their best.
- Strong work ethic: The role will be demanding; the candidate must be willing to work intensely for short periods while maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Responsibility: Take responsibility within and beyond the role.
- Energy and initiative: A can-do attitude with an enthusiastic and persuasive personality.
- Trust: Trusted by colleagues to always deliver.
- Flexibility: Adjusts work schedules, plans, prioritises as required to fulfil overall objectives, there is a requirement to work on weekends.
- Teamwork: Able to support and work collaboratively with others. There will be 6 people in this team working on a rota basis so there will be a need to handover tasks.
- Calm under pressure.