Laboratory Technician .
Micronclean, based in Lincolnshire, are one of the UK’s largest providers of workwear solutions and cleanroom consumables, employing over 450 people. Our passion is to be the first to develop new technological solutions that change the shape of the markets we serve creating quality and efficiency for our customers.
The company’s key markets are the supply and processing of specialist workwear to cleanroom (pharmaceutical, medical, aerospace) and manufacturing (steel making, engineering, automotive) organisations. The company also manufactures and distributes an extensive range of cleanroom consumable products, which are sold worldwide. The company has an ambitious and clear growth vision and is currently building its first factory outside of the UK in India.
Position: Lab Technician
Location: Skegness – Roman Bank plant, with occasional working at other sites
Job type: Full-Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm (with half an hour unpaid lunch break)
Salary: £16,000 - £19,000pa (dependant on skills and experience)
About the role:
To take responsibility for activities in the Micronclean laboratory including routine / ad-hoc testing and laboratory administration. To provide laboratory testing to support product, service, process, and technology development projects with the aim of adding value and quality.
- Administer, undertake and manage laboratory testing, including microbiological, chemical and physical tests.
- Undertake routine and non-routine testing associated with process or product validation, investigations and other research and development activities.
- Interpret and act upon routine test results, including investigation and resolution where appropriate.
- Maintain full, accurate and retrievable records of projects and related project management documentation.
- Maintain accurate and retrievable laboratory records.
- Communicate with, and organise the testing of samples sent to, external laboratory suppliers.
- Maintain the laboratory and laboratory equipment in a clean, safe, operational condition, including arranging and carrying out calibration tests where applicable.
- Administer systems covering the development and authorisation of new garment styles and wash trials, including the issuing of reports and archiving samples.
- Maintain all R+D systems and records as specified in department and company SOPs.
- Support Technical training of colleagues.
In conjunction with the manager, proactively drive the improvement of the laboratory environment and systems.
- Scientific qualifications / experience preferred, but not essential (an undergraduate degree in chemistry, biology, microbiology, or related subjects, would be an advantage).
- Good IT skills in the use of Microsoft office products.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Personal drive and self-motivation.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Good planning and recording skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
You may have experience of the following: Laboratory Technician, Laboratory Assistant, Lab Technician, Quality Technician, Quality Assistant, Quality Tester, Laboratory Tester, Lab Assistant, Lab Technician, Quality Control Assistant, Quality Control Technician, etc.