Finance Officer .
Position: Finance Officer
Job type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £25,000 per annum
About the role
The role is responsible for providing a highly efficient and dependable financial accounting service to the organisation. As a Financial Officer, the post holder will be responsible for supporting the senior members of the team in ensuring that the financial accounts of our client and its subsidiary are maintained in accordance with the Charity SORP and relevant accounting standards. The Finance Officer will be required to update and maintain the ledgers on our NetSuite accounting system. This includes entering data and performing Control accounts.
Key customers are the Finance Operations Manager who the Finance Officer will report into, the finance business partnering team, internal and external audit and you also need to develop a close relationship with Heads of Department and operational leads. There will also be site visits to some of their branches in the country.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a positive and vibrant team and to be involved in an exciting programme that has tangible results. You can be part of a programme that creates memorable experiences for young people that could last a lifetime.
- Be accountable for managing all aspects of Accounts Payable (Pay runs and Expenses).
- Act as a workplace buddy to junior members of the team (temps, assistants) to support with training in job-related tasks and aligning to organisational culture
- Accounts receivable ensuring compliance with finance policies and highlighting exceptions to the Senior Team.
- Be responsible for the management and control of pre-paid and credit cards systems, reconciling this and continually review and improve transaction processing service levels and
efficiencies including pre-paid and credit cards.
- Be responsible for working with the Finance Operations Manager to ensure a successful month-end process.
- Support the Finance Operations Manager with the continued development of the accounting system, being an ambassador for financial accounting and statutory reporting
requirements in any systems development and formulating a roadmap for exploring the system to achieve efficient and robust accounting in this area.