Planning Team Leader (Infrastructure) .
South Oxfordshire District Council and Vale of White Horse District Council are forward thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme. They have modern open plan offices and smart working practices and the technology to support mobile working.
Position: Planning Infrastructure Team Leader
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £44,543 to £48,593 per year
Benefits: A basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 29 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible working and annualised hours; pension scheme; childcare voucher scheme; Cyclescheme; free parking; reduced gym membership, free swims, contributory medical schemes, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users, after work sports clubs and more. We give you two days per year to volunteer within the local community.
About the role:
The immediate focus will be to help drive forward the progress of transport studies relevant to supporting delivery of housing and economic growth. In particular, there is a need to support development of transport policies and evidence relevant to the emerging local plans and their proposed strategic sites, as well as delivering transport studies relevant to key growth areas such as Didcot Garden Town.
- Providing input into the creation and deployment of service plans
- Contributing to budget planning, management and expenditure (overseeing and controlling the budget for your team, as required)
- Maintaining an awareness and understanding of new legislation and/or best practice, relevant to your team
- Informing and writing papers for cabinet, council, committees etc.
- Day-to-day supervision of employees within your team, including the management of annual leave, annualised hours, sickness and expenses claims
- Carrying out, and where relevant leading with production of planning policy documents
- Oversee the review of infrastructure monitoring and planning monitoring and reporting systems as necessary
- Oversee the monitoring and administration of Section 106 and Community Infrastructure Levy
- Carrying out and overseeing research into transport planning and other infrastructure matters as part of the preparation of planning policy documents
- Pro-actively manage complex and cross-organisational transport studies and projects
- A degree or diploma in Transport or Town Planning, a related discipline or equivalent level of experience
- Significant experience of working in transport planning and / or planning
- Chartered member of CILT, RTPI or equivalent
- Significant experience of working in planning, including planning policy or transport work
- Good IT experience in; Windows, including office and excel, plus email and internet, good keyboard skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent customer service skills, including provision of readily understood professional advice to customers and stakeholders, using tailored language specific to their level of understanding needs
- Good negotiating skills, actively listening to others’ viewpoints and explaining the organisational perspective
- Able to manage a team, providing constructive feedback on performance, and encouraging individuals to take training opportunities
- Ability to research concepts / projects, use own initiative and carry out activities with minimal supervision
- Able to demonstrate the ability to successfully deliver complex and challenging programmes of work through effective partnership working in a political environment
- Good knowledge of transport, planning policy and legislation relevant to transport scheme development
You may have experience of the following: Planning Infrastructure Team Leader, Planning Team Leader, Planning Manager, Planning Supervisor, Planning Officer, Town Planner, Transport Planner, Infrastructure Planner, etc.