Senior Planning Business Officer / Administration Team Leader .
South Oxfordshire District Council and Vale of White Horse District Council are forward thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme. They have modern open plan offices and smart working practices and the technology to support mobile working.
Position: Senior Planning Business Officer
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £21,725 - £25,372 per annum
About the role:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic team player to work within our planning business team. The Senior Planning Business Officer will work closely with the Planning Business Team Leader to ensure that the operational objectives of the planning service are met within the Planning Business team.
- Lead by example by modelling the conduct behaviours and values expected of the council’s employees and establish a working environment which allows your team to excel.
- Working with the Planning Business Team Leader, manage and motivate the team to ensure targets are met or exceeded.
- To cover the duties of the team leader if required i.e. when the team leader is unavailable through sickness, annual leave or conflicting appointments.
- Ensuring the councils’ policies and procedures are deployed correctly within your team, notably health and safety and GDPR.
- Research information and data, analyse it, and produce reports / presentations with recommendations on planning and related matters (including performance monitoring).
- Prepare accurate and customer focussed letters, reports and emails within corporate and service timescales.
- Research information and data, analyse it, and produce reports/presentations with recommendations on planning and related matters (including performance monitoring)
- Prepare accurate and customer focussed letters, reports and emails within corporate and service timescales
- Carry out the full remit of administration duties, such as arranging meetings, preparing for meetings, taking notes, dealing with sensitive and confidential matter, monitoring, assist with service recruitment and induction and responding to customer queries
This is a broad role and the post holder will be organised and efficient, with excellent communication skills, an eye for detail and the ability to prioritise workload. A desire for order and the setting and maintenance of high standards would be a bonus.
A minimum of one year’s general office/admin experience.
Proficient in use of the Microsoft suite.
Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Ability to work independently, take initiative for implementing improvements and for making decisions. Organisational skills with the ability to plan and organise workload for the team.
Financial experience of dealing with purchase/sales orders, accounts.
It is important to save the online form as you go along because the form WILL timeout after 30 minutes and all of your work will be lost if you have not saved the form.
The council is committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. We guarantee an interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the essential criteria for the post.
Please assume that if you have not heard from us by the interview date then you have not been selected for interview on this occasion.
If you are invited to an interview, please note that we do not reimburse costs for your travel or other expenses that you incur.
You may have experience of the following: Planning Officer, Local Authority, Policy, Town Planning, Council, Planner, Project Management, Planning Policy Officer, Town Planner, Legislation, RTPI, Neighbourhood Development, Administration Team Leader, Administration Supervisor, etc.