Planning Officer (Infrastructure Contributions) .
South Oxfordshire District Council and Vale of White Horse District Council are forward thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme. They have modern open plan offices and smart working practices and the technology to support mobile working.
Position: Planning Monitoring Officer x 2
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £25,372 to £29,687 per annum
Benefits: A basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 29 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible working and annualised hours; pension scheme; childcare voucher scheme; Cyclescheme; free parking; reduced gym membership, free swims, contributory medical schemes, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users, after work sports clubs and more. We give you two days per year to volunteer within the local community.
About the role:
You’ll be responsible for ensuring that infrastructure contributions secured alongside planning applications are received and provided. You’ll respond to infrastructure related enquiries, monitor the provision of infrastructure and contributions, and report on funds received. You’ll also provide professional advice on infrastructure matters and liaise with both internal and external bodies to enable the delivery of infrastructure across the districts.
- Creating, updating and maintaining database records relating to infrastructure contributions including S106 and CIL
- Providing professional advice face to face, on the telephone and in writing on behalf of the Council in respect of infrastructure and related issues
- Monitoring the collection of financial and non-financial developer contributions arising from CIL and S106 agreements; using IT systems including databases, spreadsheets and GIS to query and investigate systems in an efficient manner
- Calculating financial infrastructure contributions due
- Identifying and taking action in cases of non-payment of financial contributions
- The collection, analysis and presentation of monitoring data in both written and verbal format, including the creation of graphs, tables and infrastructure delivery forecasts
- Preparation of written monitoring reports for internal and external partners, for Cabinet and Council reports, and for publication on the Councils’ web sites
- Liaising with internal departments, Oxfordshire County Council, parish councils and developers both on the provision and dissemination of information
- Development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures relating to S106 / CIL monitoring
- Development and maintenance of monitoring indicators to enable the team to assess the success of infrastructure delivery
- A GCSE (A-C) or equivalent in Maths
- 2 ‘A’ Levels or equivalent qualifications or level of experience
- Understanding of, and capacity for, statistical work
- Ability to understand and make use of planning applications and complex legal agreements
- Good oral and accurate written communication skills, with the ability to explain complex matters to customers
- Demonstrate a diplomatic approach in difficult situations and be able to give clear, accurate advice on procedure
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment dealing with the public face to face and on the telephone
- Experience of report and professional letter writing
- Ability to use databases and spreadsheets to query, analyse and present data including the creation of graphs and tables.
- A good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint and good keyboard skills.
You may have experience of the following: Planning Monitoring Officer, Planning Officer, Planning Assistant, Planning Administrator, Housing Officer, Planning Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service, etc.