Technical Quality Manager (Steel) .
From Henry Barrett starting the business in 1866, Barrett Steel has provided over 150 years of a hands-on customer service approach, a mindset that sets us apart from our competitors. A leading steel stock holding business, Barrett Steel has 43 companies within the group employing 1100 employees across 25+ locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet.
We strive to develop long-term partnerships. We are progressive, solution focused and work with our customers to help them realise their project’s full potential. We provide a vital link in the supply chain from producer to customer.
Position: Technical Quality Manager
Location: Role location ideally would be Rotherham or the Midlands but can be flexible
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday
Benefits: Holidays, Pension, Bonus Potential, Car / Car Allowance
About the role:
- To ensure all Technical specifications are correct to the latest industry standards.
- Ensure all specifications are aligned to the ERP system.
- Carry out periodic audits on our key suppliers.
- Ensure support and expertise is given to any site where there are quality issues including both customer & supplier complaints.
- To be customer facing proactively offering technical solutions.
- Build & develop close working relationships with key stakeholders across the Group.
You will have the passion, drive and confidence to work within the business in a collaborative, creative way.
Essential Skills for the role:
- Knowledge & experience in the Steel industry.
- Motivation & drive to deliver and influence change.
- Update & make improvements across a wide supply base.
- Auditing experience.
- Able to prioritise tasks to meet the relevant stakeholder needs.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership, coaching, mentoring & training skills.
- Effective communication with a team ethic mindset.
- Ability to find creative solutions to complex problems.
- Ideal candidate location would be South Yorkshire or the Midlands however this can be flexible for the right candidate.
How it feels to work for us:
We provide a fantastic opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation that is respected as the UK’s leading independent steel stockholder. Our people are the driving force behind Barrett Steel and we seek individuals who are passionate, hard-working, ambitious and demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude to help us build and develop the business. Barrett Steel encourages innovative thinking and has an open door for people to lead and influence change.
You may have experience of the following: Technical Quality Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, QA Manager, Manufacturing Quality Manager, Steel Manufacture, Quality Auditor, Steel Manufacturing, etc,