Software Developer .
Apak Group has grown from one software developer’s kitchen table into a global brand. We develop, implement and support innovative software solutions for some of the most prestigious global banks and asset finance companies. Our team is an eclectic mix of developers, creatives, analysts, strategists and technicians. Our employees come from a variety of backgrounds; from those with years of industry experience, to graduates looking to start their careers in a dynamic and innovative marketplace.
Position: Software Developer
Location: Newbury Office (commutable from Didcot, Reading, Basingstoke and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 per annum depending on experience
Benefits: Structured in-house training; Events and social activities; Employee Assistance Program (confidential free advice and access to counselling); Great working environment, including breakout areas; free on-site car parking; Casual dress code; Non-contractual discretionary bonus scheme; Discounted gym memberships; Private Medical insurance with BUPA & Healthshield; 25 days annual leave.
About the role:
Working for Apak Group will give you the opportunity to push your skills and experience to the limit, create innovative technical solutions for our partners and play your part in our expanding international operations.
On offer is the opportunity for a bright and highly motivated software developer to join our talented development team delivering cutting edge finance applications that run on desktop and mobile devices. You will be involved in the full software development lifecycle from analysis and design through to development, testing and deployment. Daily responsibilities of the role are varied and will include working on projects developing entirely new areas of functionality, enhancing existing functionality, bug fixing, maintenance and technical customer support.
As a software developer in our team you will be expected to work closely with our customer relationship management teams and customer support teams to deliver the high levels of service our customers have come to expect.
- The technical design, development, deployment and maintenance of our software products.
- Manage individual project priorities, your own deadlines and deliverables.
- Achieved or predicted University grade of 2:1 or above and grade B’s or above in your A-level results, or equivalent practical experience.
- A desire to work in the finance industry coupled with a strong interest in mobile and web based technologies.
- The ability to work in teams that deal with ambiguity.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- Ability to work under your own initiative and as part of a small team.
- Confident interfacing with customers as well as internal business and support teams.
- A high standard of verbal and written English.