Risk Manager / Health and Safety Consultant .
PIB is a growing group of insurance advisory businesses. The business is growing rapidly through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market.
Position: Risk Manager / Health and Safety Consultant
Location: Hampshire / Berkshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Benefits: Company Car, Pension contribution (Auto Enrolment 4% employer, 3% employee), Death in Service benefit (x 1), Critical Illness cover (x 1), 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), Flexible holidays (1 day per quarter if hours accrued), Financial support with training and career development.
About the role:
PIB Risk Managements is looking for a Risk Manager / Health & Safety Consultant to support throughout Hampshire / Berkshire.
- Produce and agree a “scope of work” with each client. The scope of work will agree the specific work to be completed for each individual client and also agree and timescales for completion of the work. Produce risk assessments, safe systems of work, method statements, policies etc.
- Carry out site audits, inspections etc. Carry out accident investigations, analyse trends, produce reports and aid in the preparation of a legal defence should this prove necessary. Aid in the securing of new and retention of existing health & safety business. Where applicable, operate our on-line Health and Safety Management System (xCenta) and help integrate the system into clients who use the system.
- Devise, develop and deliver Risk Management strategies for assigned clients plus acting in support of clients assigned to your colleagues. Devise and deliver training to colleagues, clients etc. (As agreed with the Training Manager). Deliver technical support to colleagues, clients, others etc.
- Represent the Company and client when dealing with enforcing authorities, insurance companies etc.
- Conduct liability surveys and produce associated report / risk recommendation.
- Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent.
(If the candidate does not have the relevant qualifications they must be prepared to work towards the relevant qualification)
Types of Industries / Organisations:
Risk Manager / Health and Safety Consultant to be multi skilled and / or be prepared to be mentored / coached / trained to deal with: Schools, Care homes, Motor Dealerships, Logistics, Religious orders, Charities, Engineering, Manufacturing, Construction, Offices etc.
You may have experience of the following: HSE Manager, Health and Safety Manager, NEBOSH, IOSH, HSE Coordinator, Health and Safety Advisor, H&S Consultant, Senior Health and Safety Officer, Health and Safety Consultant, Risk Manager, Risk Management, etc.