Financial Crime Manager .
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £47.7 billion and more than 214,800 clients. Our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre. We have our head office in Manchester, as well as a Media office in London.
Position: Financial Crime Manager
Location: Exchange Quay, Manchester
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £Competitive (dependent on experience)
Benefits: Staff bonus, matched pension contribution, BAYE Share Scheme, study support scheme, onsite gym and more
About the role:
The main purpose of the role is to ensure AJ Bell establishes, implements and maintains adequate policies and procedures sufficient to ensure compliance with our obligations under the regulatory system and for countering the risk that the firm might be used to further financial crime. The role will cover all areas of financial crime.
The Financial Crime Manager will support the MLRO in developing and maintaining the systems and controls for financial crime and providing advice and guidance to all areas of the business.
- Managing the Financial Crime team.
- Liaising with various areas of the business to implement financial crime initiatives.
- Monitor financial crime regulatory changes and work with the business to implement the required changes.
- Provide advice and guidance to the business on all areas of financial crime.
- Provide manager sign off for escalated financial crime concerns.
- Creating, developing, updating and implementing Financial Crime policies and procedures.
- Working with the Financial Crime team in the implementation and oversight of financial crime controls.
- Assisting the MLRO with internal financial crime forums.
- Maintain the Financial Crime risk assessments and support the MLRO to understand where the greatest exposure is and how these risks can be successfully mitigated.
- The production of qualitative management information for the MLRO.
- Support the MLRO and Financial Crime Analyst in evaluating and implementing the automated surveillance system in identifying or anticipating potential instances of market abuse.
- To work with the MLRO and Financial Crime Analyst to review, design and implementation of policies, procedures, training and controls for market abuse and surveillance.
- Provide comprehensive training for staff in relation to AML and Financial Crime matters.
- Strong technical knowledge of the UK financial crime regulatory regime across all areas of financial crime including, AML, CTF, Fraud, Sanctions, PEPs, ABC and Market Abuse.
- Comprehensive understanding of businesses, structures, governance and control frameworks and process & control infrastructures of firms in the financial services sector.
- Significant experience required, ideally including experience of working in Financial Services firms, with strong consulting experience and mind set, or experience of both the industry and consulting.
- Holds FCC relevant professional qualification.
- Experience of leading a team of Financial Crime Analysts and be comfortable working independently.
- Ability to engage with people at all levels of the business and be able to handle conflict.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Works well with others in the team and acts as a role model, setting high standards of quality and demonstrating commitment to self-development.
In return we will provide all the training and support you need in order to develop within your role.
Our EQ4 office design is centred on delivering agile and collaborative working spaces that enable us to deliver a first class service to our customers. As well as state-of-the-art work areas, the office also has its own gym, relaxed break-out zones, a roof terrace, a dining area and a lounge which transforms into a bar for staff once a month.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year which are open to all employees.
You will also have access to free onsite gym with a range of classes.
You may have experience of the following: Financial Crime Manager, Financial Crime Analyst, Compliance Manager, Financial Compliance Manager, Financial Crim Associate, Finance Analyst, Finance Manager, Fraud Manager, Fraud Analyst, AML Manger, Anti Money Laundering, etc.