FLT Operator .
Breedon is a leading construction materials group in the UK and Ireland. We operate two cement plants and around 80 quarries, 40 asphalt plants, 170 ready-mixed concrete and mortar plants, nine concrete and clay products plants, four contract surfacing businesses, six import/export terminals and two slate production facilities.
Position: FLT Operator
Location: Dagenham, East London (Commutable from Romford, Ilford, Hornchurch & surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: A competitive remuneration package will be offered including pension and life assurance.
Closing date for applications: 10th June 2019
About the role:
Reporting to the Depot Manager, you will carry out general FLT and warehouse duties on a 3-shift basis (Early / Day / Lates).
- Ensure pallets and consumables are loaded to the warehouse bagged cement packing machine.
- Offload vehicles, account and put away as required.
- Ensure picking tasks are completed accurately.
- Receive vehicles at the Warehouse.
- Liaise with the Admin supervisor on warehouse issues.
- To handle all aspects of goods receipt, unloading vehicles, handling documentation and entering information.
- To check documentation and physically check loads before departure.
- To carry out general housekeeping and stocktaking to ensure that the profile of the site is maintained to the very highest standard.
- To be responsible for Health and Safety of themselves and the other team members by adhering to safe working practices.
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working within a warehousing environment.
- A valid counter balance FLT licence is essential (accepted RTITB and ITSSAR accreditation, tested within the last three years).
Please provide details of relevant skills, experience and qualifications where applicable to support your application.
The Group places the highest importance on sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental management and you will be expected to contribute to the Company’s zero harm culture.
You may have experience of the following: Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Assistant, Stores Assistant, Machine Operator, Order Picker, Order Packer, Goods in, Good Out, Distribution Centre Operative, FLT, Forklift Truck, Counterbalance, etc.