Lab Technician .
Position: Lab Technician
Location: Croydon, London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours a week. 8:30am to 16.40pm
Salary: circa £22,500, depending on experience
Benefits: Contributory pension, staff bonus, share purchase scheme, life insurance, reward scheme and flexible Friday scheme
- Ensure within the site SHE compliance requirements are followed and adhered to
- Undertake, complete and report product testing of foamed materials in line with the defined / required test procedures
- Read, interpret and arrange test requirements based on information provided in standard and specification documents and carry out testing accordingly. To raise concerns where the appropriateness of the methods may be questionable
- Update and maintain test results in AX database where appropriate and maintain all paper and electronic records
- Convert production stock into tested stock following completion of the tests in AX
- Initiate concession notes for all non-conforming products at testing stage
- Reports quality problems and findings to Quality Control Team Manager and follow up to ensure that corrective action has or will take place
- Interact with other departments to meet company targets
- Ensure that all materials are stored safely, clearly labelled / identified and dispositioned when appropriate. To ensure that preparation / test equipment and working areas are kept in a clean, safe and tidy manner at all times
- Positively and actively contribute to all meetings where your knowledge or input is required
- Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time
- GCSE standard or above with Maths and English at A Level standard or equivalent
- Understanding the production process within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment with technical equipment
- PC Literate with knowledge of Office applications
- Confident in liaising with other departments and working collaboratively with Quality Control
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Able to work flexibility and to meet deadlines and objectives
- Ability to use variety of measuring and testing equipment to complete daily tasks
- Good written and spoken English required
- Good communication skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Customer focused with ability to organize and prioritize workloads
- A proactive approach teamed with sound decision-making skills
- A dynamic and pragmatic approach, with attention to detail
Zotefoams plc designs and manufactures specialised foam products for a world of everyday applications.
For nearly 100 years we have created solutions that enable our customers to become more competitive, profitable and sustainable. Our leadership position today is based on our portfolio of differentiated products, our technological excellence and our exceptional people.
Looking forward, our products will provide solutions in a resource-constrained world with a population that is getting older, healthier and wealthier, by helping to save energy, reduce waste, improve safety standards and keep people active.
You may have experience of the following: Lab Technician, Laboratory Technician, Lab Assistant, Laboratory Assistant, Quality Control Technician, Quality Co-ordinator, Quality Control Analyst, Test Co-ordinator, Quality Assurance, QA Engineer, etc.