IT Support Technician / Data Centre Technician .
Founded and continuously led by inventor and entrepreneur Tony Aquila, Solera is a global leader in digital technologies that connect and secure life's most important assets: our cars, homes and identities. Since its inception in 2005 as a garage-based start-up, Solera has grown aggressively with over 50 acquisitions across its platforms. The company's current product solutions include Audatex, Autodata, AutoPoint, CAP / HPI, Colimbra, Digidentity, Enservio, Explore Data, Hollander, Identifix, Inpart, LYNX and TitleTec, as well as the company's flagship Digital Garage application.
Today, Solera processes over 300 million transactions annually for approximately 235,000 partners and customers in over 80 countries. Unified by a strong culture that values uncommon entrepreneurial thinking and continuous "do-it-different" innovation, Solera's global workforce of 6,700+ associates come from diverse forward-thinking industries that include automotive technology, artificial intelligence, software development, data sciences, cybersecurity, cognitive design, and digital identity protection.
Position: IT Support Technician / Data Centre Technician
Location: Harrogate, North Yorkshire (Commutable from Bradford, Leeds, York and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
We're on the hunt for a Shift Computer Operator who ranks in the top quartile among their peers. Someone who has a highly competitive and entrepreneurial mindset that is wired with a team-first attitude, has no problem rolling up their sleeves to execute their missions, and can modulate between leading and following as needed.
- Responsible for 24 / 7 monitoring of live systems and performing numerous administrative duties
- Provide day-to-day monitoring and reporting on all platform and network devices, supporting the platform and network infrastructure through all locations & ensuring it is performing to agreed customer SLAs
- Maintain & follow on-line process documentation, highlighting corrections & updates where applicable
- Participate in and support the operations shift rotation, ensuring adequate coverage is provided
- Perform daily health checks / capacity checks in accordance with Ops Team schedules, escalating when required
- Ensure that technical support callouts are completed in line with processes
- Ensure that out of hours problem records are completed in a timely manner and to the required quality
- Ensure that any overnight problem records are followed up by the relevant service lines, with any outstanding issues dealt with to the satisfaction of the group
- Ensure daily checks of the machine room are completed, carrying out actions that lead to rectification of any problems that occur
- Ensure that customer calls are dealt with in an expedient and efficient manner, providing the necessary courtesies to the caller
- Be conversant in the escalation procedures and ensure that upon discovering discrepancies that these are highlighted to the senior IT Operator & SD Service Manager
- Provide support to management and business units, as requested, when a business disruption occurs
- Provide IT operational support for all IT services largely based on Unix (AIX and Linux), and Microsoft Windows
- Work on a dayshift, plus 24x7 shift rotation when required, in support of the production systems
- Understanding of the requirements of operating within an FSA Authorised Company
- IT qualification or relevant comparable experience
- End to end delivery of IT services
- Knowledge of various Microsoft packages
- Understanding of Internet technology such as Web browsers & general concepts
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Prepared to work shifts including weekends
You may have experience of the following: IT Engineer, IT Support Engineer, IT Support Technician, Support Technician, Helpdesk Technician, Network Engineer, Service Desk Technician, 1st Line Support, Systems Administrator, Technical Support, Network Engineer, Helpdesk, Service Desk, Junior, Graduate, IT Support, etc.