Multi-Skilled Engineer / Maintenance Engineer .
Joseph Ash Galvanizing are a UK leader of steel finishing services including galvanizing, spin galvanizing, shot blasting and powder coating. With eight plants in the UK they serve all types of customers from large construction companies and fabricators, to fencing and agricultural specifiers, government departments and even metal sculpture artists.
Position: Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Premier Galvanizing Hull
Location: Hull, East Yorkshire (Commutable from York, Scunthorpe, Bridlington & surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Day shift
Salary: £30k to £35k dependent upon experience, background and qualifications. Overtime and call out payment when worked.
- To ensure the continuous operation and maintenance of all electrical and mechanical plant and equipment.
- To ensure necessary repairs and maintenance regimes are carried out to schedule and recorded accordingly, to include fault finding, maintenance and repairs on all overhead cranes.
- To minimise breakdowns through good preventative maintenance.
- To liaise with other Engineers / Contractors to ensure breakdowns are dealt with swiftly with the minimum disruption to production but in a safety aware manner. (Following tested SSOW).
- To maintain agreed maintenance records.
- To record and file breakdowns and downtime.
- To control and monitor the ordering of essential spares to minimise the risk of extended delays in the event of breakdown.
- To remain available to return to work / mutually agreed with Manager to return to work to cover any emergencies.
- To control Contractors, carry out site inductions and issue permits to work as required.
- To maintain a well-structured and tidy workplace.
- To observe all safety guidelines and SSOW.
- To ensure all machinery and equipment is checked and kept in good working order.
- To maintain and regulate the LOLER records.
- High standard and commitment to maintaining a safe and efficient operation.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Competent administrative skills.
- To be able to work both using own initiative and as part of the team.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Flexibility is essential in this role.
You may have experience of the following: Multi-Skilled Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance Technician, Engineer, Shift Engineer, Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer, Preventative Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance, Production Engineer, Manufacturing, Heavy Manufacturing, Electrician, etc.