Infrastructure Engineer .
Mayflex have a fantastic opportunity for a candidate looking to learn and expand their knowledge of all areas of technology, in a fast-moving environment that is undergoing significant technical and cultural transformation!
Position: Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
We are currently looking for an Infrastructure Engineer / Administrator, who is ready for the challenge of working as part of a team in an organisation with a global brand and over 280 employees. This role will suit an individual who is looking to broaden their technical skills and gain greater technical depth in their current skill set and gain more responsibility.
- Assist architecting networking, server & storage projects
- Manage & implement all major internal IT projects
- Manage & maintain existing server, storage & networking infrastructure
- Provide 3rd Line Support for desktop team
- Manage & maintain backup systems
The successful candidate will need to be an excellent communicator and team player. The IT team work very closely internally and with all members of staff at the organisation and the candidate will be a very visible face of the department.
A calm, logical and considered approach to problems and situations is also required. Many issues arising in the company’s particular industry are often without precedent and must be analysed and resolved intelligently.
The successful candidate will have excellent fault finding and troubleshooting skills, with a collaborative approach to work and an enthusiastic can do attitude. The role will offer hands on experience with a multitude of exciting, technologies ranging from SAN to VDI, from cloud to desktop software.
- Server 2016
- Palo Alto
- Networking (Cisco)
- Cloud architecture
- Strong documentation skills
- Fully conversant with NAS & SAN technologies (iSCSI, 1 / 10 / 40Gbe)
- Strong abilities in WAN & LAN networking (TCP / IP / .11x / switching / routers / firewalls)
- Working knowledge of SQL will be looked upon favourably
You may have experience of the following: Infrastructure Engineer, Infrastructure Administrator, Infrastructure Analyst, IT Engineer, IT Analyst, Systems Engineer, Systems Analyst, Systems Administrator, Network Analyst, Network Engineer, Network Administrator, etc.