Claims Handler .
PIB is a growing group of insurance advisory businesses. The business is growing rapidly through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market.
Position: Claims Handler
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Excellent Plus Benefits
About the role:
Lorica Insurance Brokers are now looking for a new Claims Handler to join our growing team in Preston.
You will provide overall claims support to the broking teams and ensure timely, compliant and effective Client and Insurer administration and processing on core Lorica systems.
- Achieve your Key Performance Indictors including service targets and ensure that clients are fully informed of the progress of their claims
- Place handle claims within your authority limits referring unusual cases to an experienced colleague or Head Office.
- Attend Company and / or Claims meetings and events as required, including prescribed training. Also to achieve the minimum requirements for CPD through training provided in house or by identifying development areas during your Performance & Development Review meetings.
- Undertake general claims activities including dealing with: Clients’ queries and correspondence.
- Use all core Lorica systems e.g. Acturis and any specific claims monitoring ensuring they are regularly updated for effective Management Information and Reporting
- Good level of education to include GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Insurance experience - Ideally looking to work towards attainment of CII
- A proven track record of strong client relationships
- Some knowledge of handling claims and dealing with non-disputed recoveries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, MS Outlook)
You may have experience of the following: Claims Handler, Claims Administrator, Customer Service Advisor, Insurance Claims Advisor, Insurance Advisor, Customer Support, etc.