Account Handler (Property & Casualty) .
PIB is a growing group of insurance advisory businesses. The business is growing rapidly through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market.
Position: Account Handler - Property & Casualty
Location: Citynet, London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 per annum
About the role:
Citynet are looking for a new Account Handler within the Property & Casualty team to provide quality back up services to Placing and Producing Brokers in order to facilitate maximum return of profit while maintaining the firm’s reputation and integrity, taking care of the firm’s customers and demonstrating respect for the regulatory obligations of the firm as per the firm’s procedures manual.
- Prioritise and deal with post and e-mails from Agents, Underwriters and other stakeholders including diaries. Answer and deal with telephone calls from Agents and Underwriters, also assist with coverage of the office telephones when necessary.
- Log all new enquiries on to the Insurance System or excel as appropriate with current procedures at the time. Chase agents for proposal forms and renewal information. Manage Renewals and New Business and put up quotes and renewal terms in a timely and contract certain fashion. Record all renewal progress on the tracker spreadsheet.
- Prepare Market Reform Contracts, Schedules, Endorsements and Broking Instructions for the Brokers to take to Underwriters. Produce contract certain documentation for the client including evidence of covers, debit notes, policy documentation, clauses and endorsements. Also enter all details on to the Insurance Broking system if Technician unavailable.
- Keep a diary of all subjectivities, warranties and survey requirements and action them when they come out of the diary.
- Liaise with the Accounts Department and Claims Department to assist with queries. Keep the Insurance Broking System up to date for all policies handled.
- Use own judgement based on knowledge and experience to make decisions as to when to refer to a senior colleague. Demonstrate effective organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to develop and sustain professional relationships with both internal and external customers. Ability to work supportively and jointly with colleagues including offering assistance when own workload permits and within parameters of own knowledge and skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibly when necessary, being particularly mindful of the peak periods that relate to your work. Willingness to keep up to date with changes to regulations and legislation as appropriate.
- Well-developed communication and negotiation skills with confident and effective telephone manner.
You may have experience of the following: Account Handler, Account Executive, Administrative Assistant, Admin Assistant, Administrator, Customer Service, Customer Service Advisor, Insurance Account Handler, Insurance Broker, Insurance Advisor, Property & Casualty, Personal Insurance, Commercial Insurance, CII, Chartered Insurance Institute, etc.