Operations Manager (Insurance / Underwriting) .
PIB is a growing group of insurance advisory businesses. The business is growing rapidly through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market.
Position: Trading Operations Manager
Location: aQmen - Leatherhead, Surrey
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
aQmen has been established for more than 10 years as a specialist MGA for the not for profit (trading as CaSE Insurance) and the recruitment agency sector (trading as RecruiterCover). Acquired by PIB in September 2018 we look forward to developing many exciting initiatives and growth plans as we move into the Group’s new underwriting division (Q Underwriting Services Ltd) from January 2019.
The Trading Operations Manager will be responsible for the day to day operational performance of the underwriting business. This will include business analysis and forecasting, managing the underwriting trading teams, ensuring the achievement of both agreed customer service metrics and business growth plans.
- Translate and implement high level strategic distribution plans in to a series of practical goals, objectives and priorities. Put customers and brokers interests at the centre of all activities.
- Ensure the team structure is aligned to growth plans and links firmly to sales activity and maximises efficiency. Delivery of service level objectives; Delivery of trading KPIs per budget; Conversion rates; Average premium; Renewals retention; Both at an individual and portfolio level.
- Business analysis, forecasting and reporting against agreed SLA’s as well as income and expenditure budgets. Manage agreed HR framework and ensuring a robust training and competency plan is in place. To motivate the team and support the relationships and aims of the team.
- Monitor attainment of company and individual targets as outlined on performance appraisal objectives. Develop internal awareness and opportunity to generate business.
- To ensure that all statutory and company regulations are followed to protect clients, colleagues and the business interests of the company. Carry out any additional duties as agreed with your Line Manager.
- At least 5 years experience of working in a similar role. Computer and Finance literate. Ideally, professionally qualified.
- Experience of working within a Regulated FCA environment, in line with T&C requirements.
- Technical understanding of commercial insurance underwriting and demonstrable expertise.
- Experience of budget and expense management. Experience in managing stakeholders including client management, peer and upward management.
- Ability to lead projects whilst maintaining excellent relationships with all concerned.
You may have experience of the following: Insurance Manager, Underwriting Manager, Financial Conduct Authority, Operations Manager Insurance, FCA, Insurance Operations Manager, Underwriter, Insurance Business Analyst, Commercial Insurance Manager, etc.