Warehouse Operatives .
From Henry Barrett starting the business in 1866, Barrett Steel has provided over 150 years of a hands-on customer service approach, a mindset that sets us apart from our competitors. A leading steel stockholding business, Barrett Steel has 43 companies within the group employing 1100 employees across 25+ locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet.
We strive to develop long-term partnerships. We are progressive, solution focused and work with our customers to help them realise their project’s full potential. We provide a vital link in the supply chain from producer to customer.
Position: Warehouse Operatives
Location: Reading, Berkshire (Commutable from Bracknell, Wokingham, Theale & surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday on a weekly rotation of 5.30am to 2.00pm and 1.30pm to 10.00pm
Benefits: 21 days holiday, Pension
About the role:
The purpose of this role is to ensure customers’ orders are fulfilled to the highest standards working to deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Pick computer generated orders with repetitive handling / lifting of heavy and large items.
- Ensure all documentation is correctly actioned for accuracy of stock.
- Transferring stock to its location using a Forklift trucks and cranes.
- Assisting in the overall production and dispatch of customers orders.
- Keep work area clean and tidy.
- Maintain high levels of Health and Safety.
- Be adaptable and flexible in approach to work to meet operational requirements.
- Operate machinery (only when trained to do so).
- You will have the passion, drive and confidence to work within the business in a collaborative, creative way.
- Have a flexible attitude, be results oriented, and enjoy working in a team environment
- The successful candidate will be an experienced Warehouse Operative, ideally with Saw experience.
- Ideally you will be able to use mobile equipment (FLT, overhead crane) and be able to read written instructions & record accurately work carried out.
- A clean driving licence for vehicle shunting on site is required.
- Experience in the steel industry preferred but not essential as relevant training will be provided.
How it feels to work for us:
We provide a fantastic opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation that is respected as the UK’s leading independent steel stockholder. Our people are the driving force behind Barrett Steel, and we seek individuals who are passionate, hard-working, ambitious and demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude to help us build and develop the business. Barrett Steel encourages innovative thinking and has an open door for people to lead and influence change.
You may have experience of the following: Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Assistant, Machine Operator, Order Picker, Order Packer, Goods in, Good Out, Distribution Centre Operative, FLT, Forklift Truck, etc.