Warehouse Operatives .
From Henry Barrett starting the business in 1866, Barrett Steel has provided over 150 years of a hands-on customer service approach, a mindset that sets us apart from our competitors. A leading steel stockholding business, Barrett Steel has 43 companies within the group employing 1100 employees across 25+ locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet.
We are always interested in hearing from operational people who are looking for a new opportunity and would potentially like to come and work for us! We want individuals who share our values; hard-working, focused, can work cohesively as a team and deliver to high standards.
Position: Warehouse Operatives
Location: Avonmouth, Bristol (commutable from Newport, Bath and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Various, rotating shifts as well as permanent 6am to 2pm & 2pm to 10pm shifts
Benefits: 21 days holiday plus bank holidays, Pension & monthly bonus potential.
About the role:
If you specifically have Warehouse Operative and Sawyer experience, then we want to hear from you!
The purpose of these roles is to ensure customers’ orders are fulfilled to the highest standards in a fast-paced environment.
- Pick computer generated orders with repetitive handling / lifting of heavy and large item.
- Loading, cutting and offloading of steel.
- Ensure all documentation is correctly actioned for accuracy of stock.
- Transferring stock to its location using a Forklift trucks and cranes.
- Assisting in the overall production and dispatch of customers’ orders.
- Keep work area clean and tidy maintain high levels of Health and Safety.
- Be adaptable and flexible in approach to work to meet operational requirements.
- Operate machinery (only when trained to do so).
- You will have the passion, drive and confidence to work within the business in a collaborative, creative way.
- The successful candidate will have experience as a Warehouse Operative but doesn’t have to necessarily be in the Steel Industry as training will be given.
- Have a flexible attitude, be results oriented, and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Side-Loader / Fork-Lift and overhead crane experience is desirable but not essential.
- Health & Safety awareness.
How it feels to work for us:
We provide a fantastic opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation that is respected as the UK’s leading independent steel stockholder. Our people are the driving force behind Barrett Steel and we seek individuals who are passionate, hard-working, ambitious and demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude to help us build and develop the business. Barrett Steel encourages innovative thinking and has an open door for people to lead and influence change.
You may have experience of the following: Warehouse Operative, Order Picker, Goods in, Good Out, Order Packer, Warehouse Assistant, Distribution Centre Operative, FLT, Forklift Truck, etc.