Scientific Software Development Engineer .
Petroleum Experts is an industry leader in developing and delivering state of the art engineering software products and superior technical support to oil and gas industry. We are also a leader in the field of structural geology, and creators of Move™, the best-in-class upstream O&G 3D structural modelling product. We have an impressive, broad range of clients worldwide, including all major operators as well as service and contract companies. We operate globally from our head office in Edinburgh, Scotland and US offices in Houston and Lafayette.
Position: Scientific Software Development Engineer
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: We offer an exceptional package which includes salary, performance related bonuses, other benefits and relocation assistance (where applicable). The company encourages and structures its salary based on personal performance and contribution to the success of others.
About the role:
Petroleum Experts is recruiting scientists with excellent software development skills. You will be part of a team researching and developing engineering or geological models to improve and represent the structure, physics and engineering principles around the modelling of oil and gas fields.
Activities may include algorithm development, software coding, interface design and testing of the software tool kit in line with the product development plan. You will interact closely with our petroleum engineering and structural geology specialists as you help to develop core science, algorithms, and workflows in our world-leading suite of products. As a member of the development team you will also be involved with product core design, build, testing, and deployment.
The company will support your personal development to allow you to deepen your knowledge in the physics and engineering around oil field modelling, and the science of geological modelling.
- A good advanced degree in Physical Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Geology, or Computing Science
- Sound programming experience including: C, C++, and / or Fortran
- Comfortable operating in deadline driven environment
- Must possess good numerical, problem solving, and organisational skills
Additional technical competency across a selection of the following disciplines may be beneficial:
- GUI development using .Net Technologies (C#) or Qt / QML framework, or HTML5
- GPU development for the solution of algorithmic problems (OpenCL, CUDA)
- Machine learning and AI
- 2D / 3D graphics development; OpenGL, OpenGL Shaders, VTK, OSG, Vulkan
- CI experience; JIRA, TestRail, TFS, Git, Jenkins, csh / bash, batch files, cmake, PowerShell
- Mobile development; Android, iOS, macOS, Xcode, Qt Creator, Android Studio, TestFlight
You may have experience of the following: Scientific Software Development Engineer, Software Development Engineer, Software Developer, Software Engineer, Scientist, Physics, Engineer, Engineering, Scientific Software Engineer, Scientific Software Developer, etc.