Compliance Manager (Customs and Export) .
You may remember Unipart as the company that revolutionised the automotive parts industry in the 1970s. Unipart is different company today with clients such as McLaren, Apple, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. The Unipart Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company that employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Position: Compliance Manager – Customs and Export
Location: Baginton, Coventry (CV3)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £41,500 plus car / car allowance
About the role:
The Compliance Manager will maintain customs compliance across Unipart Logistics and the wider Unipart Group through regular auditing of targeted areas / processes.
- Maintain access to JLR’s IPOS SAP system to interrogate the master data to help operations and customer service
- Support customer service in product returns, track and trace, and carrier communications
- Support for site specific .C-TPAT & KNOWN CONSIGNOR
- Support the customs inbound team with import specifics
- Maintain lines of communication between the Freight and Compliance team with Baginton / Honeybourne / Cowley operations
- Assign tariff codes to newly introduced products
- Complete Duty & Tax analysis for new markets / campaigns
- Maintain Customs Regimes with the external services provider
- Support the Tax and Compliance Team, and the Compliance Manager in particular, in tackling ad hoc non-compliance issues
- Attend performance reviews with the carrier(s) in support of the Outbound Manager
- Assist Claims team on ROW carrier claims using the JLR process
- Maintain the Evidence of Export for VAT purposes for JLR UK & McLaren
- You will be office based in Baginton, with some travel to other sites, principally Cowley and Honeybourne
- The occasional visit to a carrier hub may also be required
- Advanced Excel skills
- SAP proficiency
- Experience in a Freight or Supply Chain environment beneficial
- Experience within a busy Customs office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to present to senior levels
- Influencing skills.
You may have experience of the following: Compliance Manager, Compliance Coordinator, Quality Manager, QA Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, Quality Assurance Coordinator, QA Coordinator, Customs Manager, Export Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Transport Manager, Logistics Manager, Freight Manager, Audit Manager, Auditor, Compliance Auditor, etc.