Technical Support Engineer (Railway / Permanent Way) .
You may remember Unipart as the company that revolutionised the automotive parts industry in the 1970s. Unipart is different company today with clients such as McLaren, Apple, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. The Unipart Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and Consultancy Company that employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Unipart Rail is part of the Unipart Group, one of Europe's leading independent logistics’ companies that employs more than 8,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £800 million.
We have a long heritage in the rail industry based on decades of experience, but have continued to embrace innovation in both products and business techniques to ensure that we remain the first and best choice for our customers.
Position: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Crewe, Cheshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
About the role:
Working as part of a busy Engineering team operating out of our Crewe Site, you will deliver technical (Permanent Way) support to the business by assisting in new projects, bids and ongoing aftermarket needs of the customer and or supplier for national and overseas markets.
- Managing (customer and supplier) enquiries and providing specialist technical support on all aspects of P-Way engineering projects, including planning, assisting in the design, build-ability, reviewing and monitoring ongoing projects.
- Managing new P / way project technical support and assisting design and development engineers when required on new P / way products and services.
- Working closely with the Technical support manager to ensure all enquiries and projects are planned effectively and can be completed on time and within budget.
- Answering any technical queries, and identifying engineering solutions where possible.
- Completing all compliance requirements and H&S requirements.
- Overseeing project delivery and operational support as required.
- Act as key interface with Unipart Rail infrastructure design and internal delivery teams and ensure competent management of customer enquiries.
- Attend customer and supplier meeting as required.
- The successful candidate will have experience of working in a similar role, and have an excellent understanding of all P-Way works. The role will involve all aspects of Permanent Way products and services, including track renewals, and signalling interfaces.
- Ability to influence customer decisions and interface at senior engineering levels with customers.
- Experience of managing and outlining project Plans.
- Excellent understanding of Network Rail standards in relation to P-Way work.
- Able to complete all associated project paperwork in accordance with Network Rail standards.
- Experience of setting up Track Monitoring Plans (if required).
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Railway engineering or civils.
- Ideally the candidate will have a current and valid Personal Track Safety (PTS) certificate.
You may have experience of the following: Technical Support Engineer, Engineering Support, Civil Engineering, Permanent Way Engineer, P-Way, Railway Track, Railway Line, Rail Infrastructure, Civil Engineer, etc.