QC Technician (Manufacturing) .
Position: QC Technician (Days)
Location: Croydon, London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, 8:30am to 16.40pm
Salary: circa £24,000, depending on experience
Benefits: Contributory pension, staff bonus, share purchase scheme, life insurance, reward scheme and flexible Friday scheme.
- Check all incoming Raw materials against specifications. Initiate and test internal RM trials
- Initiate, test and issue doses for all irradiated products
- Performs Quality Control Checks on samples from Extrusion, HP & Inspection processes. Initiate further testing of failed products when required
- Initiate concession for all non-conforming products at all stages
- Communicate with Shift Team Managers and if necessary, recommend stoppage of the Production when issues seen at any Production stage
- Initiate and prepare Trial Request Forms (TRF’s) when required
- Performs Quality Control Checks on Experimental Work Trials (EWT’s) when requested
- Maintain effective communication with the QC team and cover when required
- Perform verification on Customers returns (CQC’s) when requested
- Reports quality problems and findings to Quality Control Team Manager and follow up to ensure that corrective action has or will take place
- Maintain all paper and electronic records for checks at every stage
- Interact with other departments to meet company targets
- Contribution to formal improvement activity in conjunction with the DIT teams
- Support projects for developing & extending plant inspection & quality control capabilities
- GCSE or above in Maths and English, Science would be desirable
- Knowledge of quality assurance processes
- Experience of working with databases
- Experience of production and relevant issues within a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well with people / within a team
- Able to provide training
- Good computer skills. High level Excel required. Access + formal quality tools (Minitab) + ERP & Microsoft office
- Ability to interpret quality control data for colleagues and management
- Good written and spoken English required
Zotefoams plc designs and manufactures specialised foam products for a world of everyday applications.
For nearly 100 years we have created solutions that enable our customers to become more competitive, profitable and sustainable. Our leadership position today is based on our portfolio of differentiated products, our technological excellence and our exceptional people.
Looking forward, our products will provide solutions in a resource-constrained world with a population that is getting older, healthier and wealthier, by helping to save energy, reduce waste, improve safety standards and keep people active.
You may have experience of the following: Quality Control Technician, Quality Co-ordinator, Quality Control Analyst, Test Co-ordinator, Manufacturing Engineer, Machine Operator, Engineering, Production Engineer, Quality Assurance, QA Engineer, Extrusion etc.