Service Delivery Manager .
Job Title - Service Delivery Manager
Location - Leicester LE19 1WY
Salary - £40,000 - 50,000
Duration - Permanent / Full Time
Sector - Technology & Engineering
Guidance Automation are an award-winning pioneer in guidance, navigation and control technologies. We have over 25 years’ experience in developing advanced solutions for the global robotic vehicle market and have thousands of systems in service. We help our clients to automate their own vehicles and have recently introduced our own range of Autonomous Mobile Robots for end user applications.
We have created a new position for a Service Delivery Manager whose role will be to plan manage and control the engineering development processes for existing and future products and to deliver against agreed engineering and support targets.
The successful Service Delivery Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Possibly a background in warehouse operations and operations management as a Service Delivery Manager or as an Engineering Support Manager or similar in a manufacturing environment
- Some experience of people management or supervisory experience is required.
- Experience of planning and scheduling projects with good project management skills. Good understanding of - Microsoft project is desirable.
- An individual who has worked in a customer facing environment where you have had to understand the customer requirements.
- Experience of working within a tech environment or within automation would be a real advantage.
As the Service Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing an in-house team of 3 as well as a remote team of engineers and technical support overseas.
- Developing, establishing and delivering achievable project plans for all new products and software.
- Monthly reporting on the progress of every live product/software project
- Issue identification and resolution that may affect the timely completion of projects and their transition to a production environment
- Working with both the R&D manager and Sales Manager to support customer needs and requirements
- Outsourcing any suitable work to contractors and external suppliers depending on the business needs.
- Working closely with sales to assess sites, with a strong customer focus to be able to understand customer requirements.
The position is based from our head office in Leicester, there will be some international travel needed with the role (up to 1 week a month) in line with business demands.
You may have experience of the following: Service Delivery Manager, Engineering Support Manager, Operations Manager, Production Manager, etc.,
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications. Any questions please call Caroline Hunt, Internal Recruitment Manager on 0116 2080246.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Closing date for applications is 3rd June 2019