Field Service Manager
Every day, more than 1200 enthusiastic people across the globe work at Handicare dedicated to improving the quality of life for our customers. We constantly strive to make everyday life easier for them by providing stairlifts, patient handling equipment and bathing solutions in the UK.
Position: Field Service Manager
Location: Covering London and South East
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 39 hours per week plus overtime and on call rota
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 per annum with the ability to earn significantly more with overtime (Average earnings expected to be between £50 - £60k per annum)
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Group profit share bonus scheme, company vehicle or allowance, fuel card, subsidised pension, BHSF health cash (covering routine treatment and wholistic therapies), free onsite parking, Employee Assistance Programme.
About the role:
We are currently recruiting for a Field Service Manager for the South East. The team is currently undergoing a major review of how we deliver our stairlift installation, repair and maintenance services across the UK, and so this role is pivotal in making the link between senior management and the everyday responsibilities of the South East Field Service Team. This is a challenging role that balances supervisory responsibilities, administration and the hands-on delivery of KPIs.
Although this is a Supervisory role, the position holder will also be trained on the installation of Stairlifts, to help to ensure there is adequate cover in the region when necessary..
- Lead/ Supervise a field service engineering team of approximately 20 engineers across the London & South East area.
- Supervision and mentoring of junior engineers
- Undertaking regular performance reviews and handling employee relations issues with team
- Have hands in approach to get the job done for our customers, which involves: Installing product in line with sales requirements
- To improve fit first time volumes through quality control and offering technical advice to team
- Ensure planned maintenance is delivered to the required standard and within contractual KPIs
- Delivering a plan to reduce breakdowns through effective servicing
- Offering of tech support to Trade Partners (on call rota may be required)
- Ensuring delivery of agreed upgrades as part of roll out programmes
- Own & team’s van stock control and management
- Ensure servicing in line with contractual requirements
- Management on call rotas
- Capacity planning and scheduling of some aspects of engineer workload
- Legislation compliance (H&S, Van checks, telematics)
- Previous significant field based, line management experience in a similar role.
- Understanding and experience of engineering, plumbing and electrical works
- Good business commercial acumen
- Understanding of the complete customer order process
Sensitivity and awareness of the needs of our customer base
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Able to analyse and understand resources and people Information
- PC literate (e.g. office, word, excel, PowerPoint) and experience of CRM/Navision
- Clean, full driving licence is essential
- Ability to multi task
- Excellent communicator
- Focussed on improving the service we offer our internal and external customers
- Team player
You may have experience of the following: Regional Field Service Manager, Field Service Manager, Regional Service Manager, Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Coordinator, Maintenance Supervisor, Engineering Manager, Engineering Supervisor, Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electrician, etc.