Assistant Hospitality and Bar Manager .
Heaton House Events, based at Heaton House Farm Wedding Venue, is a family run events company, and they are growing! They are dedicated to providing the highest quality events, including weddings as well as charity, corporate and company flagship events with exceptional and friendly customer service. They are expanding their award-winning Hospitality Team to deal with the increasing number of events they have!
The Assistant Hospitality and Bar Manager is a new role to the company and will be a crucial part of the Management team as the company experiences significant growth. You will be busy but well supported when you join the award winning team.
Position: Assistant Hospitality and Bar Manager
Location: Heaton House Farm, Rushton Spencer, SK11 0RD
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, Flexibility as their events take place all year around, 7 days a week. Evenings, weekends and bank holidays are essential. Typical event shifts are 11am-7pm or 5pm- 1am, day shifts on non-event days
Salary: From £22,000 per annum
Benefits: In-house training; an attractive salary starting from £22k; pension, life insurance and permanent health insurance (after qualifying period); 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with service; no two days that are ever the same; the opportunity for progression; a rewarding experience; working as part of a friendly, award-winning team; a supportive management team; free car parking; discounted Christmas trees (they are not your average company!)
Closing Date: Sunday May 19th at 23:59
About the role:
The Assistant Bar Manager role is front facing and responsible for the delivery and execution of bar and hospitality services for a range of events from weddings, charity balls to corporate events. Our client wants to ensure that all their guests receive 5* service from the moment they walk through the door and you will use your skills to ensure the team is highly motivated and well trained to provide this. In addition to working on events, you will assist the Hospitality and Bar Manager with the day to day tasks of managing the bar including recruitment, staffing and procurement.
- Overseeing a busy bar during service
- Assisting with the recruitment of casual hospitality team members
- Training and developing team members to ensure that standards are consistently high in line with agreed company standards and brand standards
- Demonstrable knowledge of all beverages served in the bar and the ability to teach and maintain ‘the perfect serve’ each and every time
- Assist with stock control, ordering and procurement
- Confident knowledge of cellar management, wines and cocktails
- Relevant industry experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all level of colleagues
- Flexible approach and the ability to adapt to change
- Leadership and communication skills
- Commitment to developing a career in events
- A natural trainer and developer of a team
- Constant strive for perfection and a keen attention to detail
- Awareness of current trends in beverages
- Personal licence holder is desirable
You may have experience of the following: Assistant Hospitality and Bar Manager, Assistant Bar Manager, Assistant Hospitality Manager, Bar Supervisor, Hospitality Supervisor, Pub Supervisor, Bar Manager, Pub Team Leader, Conference and Banqueting Supervisor, Food and Beverage Supervisor, Bartender, Bar Tender, Restaurant Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Duty Manager, Bar Staff, etc.