Structural Design Engineer .
Position: Structural Design Engineer
Location: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Structural Engineer, Bury St Edmunds. Are you a highly-motivated, creative Structural Engineer with over two years experience within Design / Construction, looking for an exciting new challenge? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work within a leading, multi-disciplinary consultancy practice with a reputation for innovation, service and for being a great place to work? Pick Everard have an opportunity for you…
Who are Pick Everard?
We are a leading, multi-professional consultant in the property and construction industry with 13 UK offices, 500+ employees and over 150 years within the UK property market.
Our goal is simple: to be the most highly regarded consultant in the property and construction industry, achieved through the high quality of our people, their professionalism, excellence and integrity.
What will the Structural Engineer role involve?
You will have the opportunity to work across a wide range of sectors as part of a multi-professional team, delivering a variety of projects (mainly public sector - education, healthcare, blue light, defence, utilities etc.).
Primary duties will include:
- Develop the structural design, prepare supporting calculations and manage preparation of drawings for a wide range of commissions in all usual materials and structural forms.
- Assume responsibility for smaller projects or parts of larger projects.
- Assist with day to day commercial management of structural engineering commissions.
Who would this position suit?
- This opportunity would be ideal for an enthusiastic, practical Structural Engineer with at least two years experience in design / construction.
- You’ll be degree qualified in Civil or Structural Engineering (M.Eng / MSc desirable), accredited by the ICE or IStructE and working towards Chartership.
- Good knowledge of British Standards and Eurocodes will also be required.
- AutoCAD competency and working knowledge of BIM / Revit Structures would be beneficial.
- Full UK driving licence.
What is it like to work at our Bury St Edmunds office?
- You’ll join a fantastic team of 50 based in our colourful, open plan Bury St Edmunds office – who are driven, passionate about teamwork, setting people up for success and delivering an exceptional service to our customers.
- We are a multi-disciplinary office so you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside our all of our other disciplines on a wide variety of public and private sector projects.
- As a team, we aim to make it a great place to work and like to bring enjoyment to working life through social, charity, sports, community / company events.
What is the remuneration / benefits?
You will receive a competitive salary that will match your skills and experience, support with Chartership and the following benefits:
- Stakeholder pension.
- Life assurance.
- Private health insurance (BUPA).
- 26 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Professional subscription.
- Season ticket or car loan.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Would you like to learn more about this Structural Engineer position in Bury St Edmunds?
You may have experience of the following: Structural Design Engineer, Structural Engineer, Structural Engineer, Structural Engineering, Structural Design Engineering, Civil Engineer, Civil Engineering, etc.