Coffee Shop Assistant .
South Oxfordshire & Vale of White Horse is a forward thinking local authority, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme.
Position: Coffee Shop Assistant
Location: Wantage, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours a week
Salary: £19,211 per annum
Benefits: A basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 28 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year; pension scheme, childcare voucher scheme. Various schemes to keep you healthy (reduced gym membership, free swims, contributory medical schemes, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users, after work sports clubs and more).
They are currently looking for a Coffee Shop Assistant.
- Run the coffee shop on a day to day basis
- Maintain strict hygiene levels and ensure compliance with all health and safety standards
- Assist in promoting a professional image through timely, helpful and effective serving of customers
- Ensure the coffee shop is well stocked and take responsibility for all ordering relating to the coffee shop
- Prepare refreshments for meetings, ensuring that customers’ requirements are met
- Coordinate children’s parties and provide the catering for these events
- Assist with cleaning the kitchen, serving and coffee shop area on a daily basis and to clean the fridges, tables and cooling cabinets as necessary
- Prepare items and equipment for use the next day
- Assist with stock taking and inventory checks
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Good standard of education including GCSE Maths and English (grades A – C)
- Hold or willing to train to level 2 food hygiene certificate
- Ability to use IT systems
- Good interpersonal skills
- Previous experience of work of a similar nature
- Ability to operate a till and handle cash
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- First aid training
- Customer service qualification
- Experience of working in a licensed environment
You may have experience of the following: Coffee Shop Assistant, Barista, Level 2 Hygiene Certification, Hospitality, Waitress, Waiter, Hotel, Restaurant etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.