Warehouse Manager (Nights) .
You may remember Unipart as the company that revolutionised the automotive parts industry in the 1970s. Unipart is different company today with clients such as McLaren, Apple, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. The Unipart Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and Consultancy Company that employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Position: First Line Manager - Night Shift
Location: Maidstone, Kent (Commutable from Rochester, Sevenoaks, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Ashford and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 22:00 hrs to 06:00 hrs
Salary: £25,333 + Shift allowance
About the role:
The First Line Manager will manage and motivate a team of warehouse operatives by giving direction and leadership, monitoring performance to ensure the site achieves high performance levels and the efficient and effective provision of a quality service to the customer through focusing on continuous improvement and promoting a team-based culture.
- Plan, manage and adjust staffing levels to meet operational requirements
- Direct the daily activity to ensure a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for team members
- Team management of direct line reports
- Work in collaboration with other Unipart sites to maximise efficiencies and best practice
- Organise and lead the focus on improved productivity levels.
- Ensure health and safety standards are achieved
- Maintain BS EN ISO 9002/ISO 140001 standards in all physical operational activity
- Ensure compliance to Warehouse, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and safe systems of work.
- Actively promote, take responsibility for embedding a culture of employee engagement within the team.
- Ensure that the team deliver Key Performance Indicators, where this performance is sustained and continually improved, with focus on quality
- Utilise continuous improvement tools and techniques and support team members in their application
- Develop and maintain appropriate daily, weekly and monthly reporting mechanisms
- Promote flexibility through skills training and personal development
- Minimum of 1-year experience of team management is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, motivation, problem solving, organisational and planning skills
- Capable of driving mechanical handling equipment
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation essential
- Good standard of education
- PC literate.
- Fluency in English
You may have experience of the following: First Line Manager, Line Manager, Team Leader, Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse Supervisor, Shift Manager, Logistics Team Leader, Logistics Supervisor, Transport Team Leader, Supply Chain, Distribution, Distribution Team Leader, Continuous Improvement, Shift Supervisor, etc.