BIM Coordinator .
Marshalls is one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of superior natural stone and innovative concrete hard landscaping products supplying the construction, home improvement and landscape markets.
Position: BIM Manager
Location: Elland, West Yorkshire with possibility of travel to customer sites when needed
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000 per annum
About the role:
As BIM Coordinator you will be working with the Technical Services & Design Manager to coordinate the Building Information Modelling (BIM) process at Marshalls. You will be creating and maintaining the BIM Objects to ensure that models are accurate and meet the LOD / LOI required.
You will also take part in developing and managing the Marshalls BIM object library and leading the BIM process in gathering the necessary information with other departments and coordinating team members in the object creation.
- Work with appropriate standards and protocols to provide high quality BIM objects of Marshalls products
- Model Management and administration ensuring a healthy BIM database
- Review and offer advice to customers on the technical detailing of BIM objects
- Liaising with colleagues, other departments and project teams with respect to model / drawing requirements
- Ensure quality and compliance on all Marshalls BIM model output to clients and online hosting libraries.
- Deliver CPDs to customers and internal teams
- Coordinate changes to digital media including BIM webpage and other digital publication
- Work with the sales teams to ensure the achievement and retention of product specifications and delivered sales, when appropriate overturn competitors’ specifications (whether through product substitution or alternative materials solutions) to Marshalls’ products
- Support Marketing with the delivery of technical drawings and renders for brochures, literature, exhibitions and any other supporting collateral
- Working with colleagues and clients to create 3D walkthroughs on request
- Provide monthly statistical information to senior management
- Understand the role of the department and the effect of its actions upon the structure and goals of the company
- Support active communication and collaboration with colleagues throughout the business to exchange best practice and create and develop opportunities
- Advanced knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD and Lumion. In addition, knowledge of SketchUp, Solidworks and Microdrainage is required
- Knowledge of BIM standards and protocols
- Organised individual, with forward thinking
- Ability to work co-operatively with others as part of a team, to work together as opposed to working competitively, soliciting input, and crediting others
- Maintains effective work behaviour and remains calm in the face of set-backs or pressure
- Organises and schedules team workload. Sets up and monitors timescales and plans. Defining objectives and organising the required resource to meet them
- Sets clear goals for the future; shares visions of the need for change and how it will be brought about; conveys changes in a positive manner in order to overcome anxiety; communicates how changes will be successfully implemented
- A high standard of interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels within the scope of this role
- Must be able to demonstrate accurate and concise written communication, be PC literate with a basic understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Identifying opportunities and acting upon them to enhance results, or minimise problems without needing to be asked
You may have experience of the following: BIM Coordinator, BIM Manager, Building Services, Building Information Modelling, Engineering, Building Design, BIM Supervisor, Revit, AutoCAD, Lumion, Solidworks, BIM Standards, Technical Services, Revit Technician etc.