Reward & Benefits Advisor .
KFC first came to the UK in 1965 with our first restaurant in Preston, Lancashire. Today we are a billion-pound business with over 900 restaurants run by our 28,000 restaurant team members. Our headquarters are based at the Restaurant Support Centre (RSC) in Woking, Surrey – a 24-minute train from Waterloo. We are proud to have received a number of accolades in recognition of our commitment to our employees, including being named as Britain’s Top Employer three years running. To work for KFC is to be part of one big family.
Position: Reward & Benefits Advisor
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date for applications: 23rd May 2019
About the role:
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join our People & Culture team as Reward & Benefits Advisor. This is a role that offers immediate exposure to all areas of the business where you will grow and proactively develop the total reward & EVP agendas across the UK&I. Initially you will be working on implementing robust processes within our reward platform, however you will also be taking a proactive lead in communicating the unique value of our offering to the business.
This is exciting time to be joining the team, as we are currently exploring new areas with health & wellbeing and linking that to our EVP. This is a highly talented, ever developing and hugely fun People & Culture team to be joining!
- Management and analysis on key reward projects such as pay review, bonus and annual benefit renewals and other policy updates
- Managing change, such as the introduction of new benefits; benefit enrolment windows; systems and / or approaches to key elements of reward
- Work with external providers and utilise networks to obtain comparative data
- Conduct market review of specific benefits and make recommendations with the Benefits Manager
- Manage our benefits portal and work with external providers on introducing new benefits and rewards, conduct job evaluations and salary benchmarking
- Complete data submissions for market surveys
- Main point of contact to provide advice to employees on reward related queries and manage stakeholder relationships
- Support the development of new and improved processes in particular with providers and our shared service and update relevant documentation in response to changes in reward policy
- Manage the day-to-day running of components of the reward platform
- Building the EVP, develop employee communications, touch points and engagement across all reward programmes
- Advanced Excel skills (Inc. V-Lookup, Nesting, Pivot tables, Graphs)
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Strong IT skills (Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with HR information Systems
- Ability to influence and challenge when appropriate
- Experience within the UK benefits market
- Knowledge of HR polices, systems and processes
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Company and performance related bonus
- Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution
- Private healthcare with the option to increase to include family cover and extra dental cover
- Annual holiday allowance starts at 25 days with the option to buy or sell up to 3 extra days per year
- After 5 years’ service, annual holiday allowance increases to 30 days
- Study support may be available for job-related qualifications
- Competitive maternity leave and flexible return to work options
- International career opportunities across Yum!
- Pick n Mix Benefits, options include gym membership, health screening and travel insurance
You may have experience of the following: Reward Analyst, Benefits Analyst, Reward and Benefits Analyst, Reward Manager, Benefits Manager, HR Analyst, HR Manager, Human Resources Manager, HR Consultant, Human Resources Consultant, HRBP, Human Resources Business Partner, HR Business Partner, etc.