HR Business Partner .
Position: HR Business Partner
Location: Central London, WC1N
Job type: Full Time, 1 x Permanent and 1 x 12 months Maternity Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Benefits: 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays, generous pension scheme, flexible working, discounted season ticket loan and many more!
Closing date: 28th May 2019
About the role:
We are looking for two experienced HR Business Partners (1 x permanent, 1x maternity fixed-term contract) to join our transformative HR team, in a full generalist remit.
The HR Business Partners:
- Lead on and manage all the elements of a senior generalist HR role for their designated areas in the Charity, at a strategic level
- Ensure the delivery of the day to day operational agenda for their client group is of the highest quality, supported by the HR Advisors
- Act as change agents in the organisation working closely with senior leaders and their teams to embed different ways of working
- Up-skill people managers to enable the delivery of our vision for our culture and achieve our business goals
About the Team:
Our HR team has a full generalist remit, covering traditional HR and the coaching & support of line managers through the full employee life-cycle, as well as recruitment, learning & development, and talent management. In addition, we describe ourselves as a transformational HR team, with an exciting People Strategy to support the charity in creating a culture of leadership, enabling our growth from good to great. This provides a wealth of HR projects and initiatives to get involved in.
You will be an experienced and high performing CIPD qualified HR practitioner, used to working in a business partner model with a full generalist remit.
Specifically, you will have:
- Proven skills and experience in Reward, Learning & Development, Recruitment & Selection, and employee relation issues
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills up to director level, with experience supporting those with differing levels of HR competency and understanding
- A flexible and adaptive approach, with the ability to cope with changing workloads and environments
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high emotional intelligence
- A strong commercial approach
- Exceptional public speaking skills, with proven skill and experience presenting to and training large groups
The ideal candidate will also:
- Be degree educated
- Have knowledge & experience of coaching & MBTI (formal qualifications would be a distinct advantage)
About the charity:
Every day brings new challenges at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH). Every day, over 600 seriously ill children from across the UK arrive for life-changing treatments. Every day, young lives hang in the balance as patients, families and staff battle the most complex illnesses. And every day, the brightest minds come together to achieve pioneering medical breakthroughs that change the lives of thousands of children – and change the world. This extraordinary hospital has always depended on charitable support to give seriously ill children the best chance to fulfil their potential. Without donations, Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity can’t help fund ground-breaking research, advanced equipment, child and family support services, and the rebuilding and refurbishment of wards and medical facilities. Our staff help to raise these vital funds for the hospital. A better future for seriously ill children starts with you.
Recently awarded with a ‘Best Companies 2-star accreditation' and placed number 17 on the 2019 Sunday Times Best 100 Not-for-Profit Companies list.
You are encouraged to include a full cover letter with your application, and should refer to the ‘Application and Interview FAQs’ on the career section of our website before you apply. You should also state if you want to be considered for the permanent role, fixed-term maternity cover role, or both.
Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis and we reserve the right to close the role prior to the closing date, should a suitable applicant be found. Therefore, you are encouraged to apply right away, to avoid disappointment.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unfortunately only able to inform shortlisted candidates of the outcome of their application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If your application is not successful, we hope that you will not be discouraged and will still apply for other suitable vacancies in the future.
You may have experience of the following: HR Business Partner, HRBP, HR Manager, Human Resources Manager, HR Consultant, Human Resources Consultant, HR Generalist, Human Resources Generalist, HR Advisor, Human Resources Advisor, HR Officer, Human Resources Officer, Charity, NFP, Third Sector, etc.