Waste Brokerage Manager .
Enva is a leading waste management, recycling and resource recovery business based in the UK and Ireland. It is focused on the industrial, commercial, construction and public sectors, operating in the specialist hazardous and non-hazardous sectors and Employ more than 1,100 people across its 23 operational facilities within the UK and Ireland.
Enva England is the East Midlands leading Recycling and Resource Management company collecting and processing in excess of 500,000 tonnes waste per year, providing a comprehensive waste collection and recycling service to Industrial, Commercial, Construction and local Authority customers. We are proud to say that in excess of 95% of the waste is recycled.
We operate out of a 20 Acre site with in excess of 300 employees across our Nottingham and Leicester sites.
Position: Manager - Recycling National Brokerage Office
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a commercially astute, energetic, ambitious and dynamic leader with a proven track record of optimising profitable business growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of our National Brokerage office. You will have full P & L accountability and be responsible for driving growth, ensuring that we exceed our customer expectations in a safe, compliant and efficient manner in addition to the day to day management and development of the brokerage team.
- Proactively manage all aspects of the national (brokerage) department.
- Responsible for the achievement of the cost centre budget, to support optimum performance and financial growth.
- Drive the department towards a continuous improvement culture.
- Deliver excellent customer service.
- Develop and enhance supplier relations to ensure they are delivering service excellence and feedback on performance.
- Ensure all suppliers are fully compliant.
- Exceeding customer expectation through being proactive in service delivery, including resolving customer queries and issues.
- Manage ongoing cost control, actively seeking to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs e.g. running and analysing department reports.
- Ensure that mandatory training, induction and toolbox talks are delivered in line with company policy.
- Monitor service levels and suggest corrective action where appropriate.
- Maintain positive relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Resolve invoice and service queries on behalf of the customer.
- Ensures that all administrative tasks are completed and support the overall financial performance of the cost centre, acting on credit queries and preventing recurrence.
- Ensure key performance metrics are met and where possible exceeded.
- Optimisation of resources and review the operations to support improve profitability and customer service.
- Promotes positive employee engagement through open communication.
- Contributes to the development of the site as a whole by identifying and sharing best practice with peers.
- Performance management and development of team.
- Maintain adherence to the relevant legislative requirements and Company procedures and standards (including Health and Safety, personnel, finance and Transport).
- Will be required to conduct accident / incident investigations.
- Ensure compliance with transport and environmental legislation.
Suitable candidates will have proven leadership and management experience in a position of similar responsibility in Services, brokerage or Logistics industry, preferably with waste industry knowledge. You will have experience managing the department P & L and have proven experience of managing costs and driving growth. This is an office based role with some travel required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
You may have experience of the following: Operations Manager, Operations Coordinator, Operations Team Leader, Project Manager, Project Management, Business Manager, Customer Service Manager, Waste Brokerage, Waste Management, Waste Broker, Services, Logistics, Recycling, etc.