Sales Assistant (Turkish Speaking) .
As the UK’s largest pawnbrokers, Harvey & Thompson have a long history dating back to the late 1800s. H&T currently have over 180 shops across the UK and employ 1000 members of staff across the estate including the Sutton Head Office, Loan Centre in Merseyside and Jewellery Centre in Kent.
Position: Sales Assistant
Location: Tottenham, London, N17 9SX
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £8.98 per hour plus bonus
Benefits: Include staff discount, life assurance, private healthcare, long service award, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, Christmas gift vouchers, annual season ticket loan, etc.
About the role:
The Sales Assistant is responsible for meeting the financial needs of the company’s customers and maximising the shop profitability.
- Provide a positive customer service to all customers
- Complete all paperwork for each transaction according to policies and procedures
- The proper use of the in-store computer system when processing transactions
- When administering the loan product, explain the benefits, exclusions and costs to the customer
- Providing the customer with the relevant documentation from the AIS system
- Ensure any customer queries are passed to the loan centre
- Ensure goods taken in on pawn/pledge are tested and evaluated correctly and prudently
- Maintain overall presentation of entire shop area
- Administrative tasks include accounting, inventory, pricing, signage, preparing memorandums, etc.
- May be required to work at other branches on a temporary or permanent basis
- Good standard of education in English and Maths
- Spoken English and Turkish that is understood by others
- Previous experience in a customer service environment
- Previous retail experience desirable
- Pawnbroking and jewellery knowledge desirable
- Ability to speak other languages an advantage
You may have experience of the following: Sales Assistant, Sales Executive, Sales Consultant, Retail Assistant, Shop Assistant, Store Assistant, Branch Assistant, Customer Service Assistant, Customer Service Advisor, etc.