Support Worker .
Our client is a small residential Children’s home for children up to the age of 18. They provide care for children with learning disabilities and associated challenging behaviours.
Position: Support Worker
Location: Coventry, West Midlands, CV57AH
Job type: Full Time and Part Time available, Permanent
Hours: Day shifts - 07:00 to 15:00 and 14:45 to 23:00 (Sleepovers 23:00 to 07:00) and waking nights 23:00 to 09:00. including weekends and bank holidays on a rota system
Salary: Starting from £8.21 per hour, depending on qualifications and experience
Benefits: Contributory Pension Scheme, Training, Meals and Drinks while on shift and Parking
We are having Open Days so people can come and have informal discussions about the role.
The dates will be:
- 02 May 2019 10:00 to 14:00
- 09 May 2019 10:00 to 14:00
- 16 May 2019 10:00 to 14:00
- 23 May 2019 10:00 to 14:00
About the role:
- Actively safeguard and promote the welfare of the children / young people
- Promote structure, boundaries and routines within the home
- Provide a positive role model for the young people
- Work with young people on intervention strategies to promote pro-social behaviour
- Undertake the role of a key worker for children / young people
- Deliver direct and individual work to children / young people
- Support young people in project and group work
- Provide and participate in leisure activities in line with care and placement plans
- Passionate about working with young people
- Ability to remain calm and manage difficult and at times repetitive behaviour
- Able to use a computer to complete reports etc.
- Good team player
- Care background
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Healthcare Assistant, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Care Staff, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Not for Profit, NFP, etc.