First Line Manager / Warehouse Team Leader (Logistics) .
You may remember Unipart as the company that revolutionised the automotive parts industry in the 1970s. Unipart is different company today with clients such as McLaren, Apple, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. The Unipart Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company that employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Position: First Line Manager / Team Leader
Location: Maidstone, Kent (Commutable from Rochester, Sevenoaks, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Ashford and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Mon- Fri - Shift 1: 06:00 to 14:00, Shift 2: 14:00 to 22:00 (shifts are on a weekly rotation)
Salary: £25,333 per annum + Shift allowance
About the role:
As a First Line Manager / Team Leader, you will lead, manage, coach, motivate and engage a small committed team of colleagues to deliver a logistics warehouse end to end process such as inbound, collation, outbound, put-away, pick, returns. You will provide effective communication, leadership, motivation, training and development in such a way that the operational effectiveness of the business is maintained, and that all daily targets are met. You will be working in a fast paced environment on our new NHS Supply Chain contract.
- Learn, fully understand and work within ‘The Unipart Way’ adopting lean management principles and approach
- Responsible for managing 10 to 15 employees
- Ensure that the team deliver Key Performance Indicators, where this performance is sustained and continually improved, with focus on quality
- Ensure processes have a relevant standard operating procedure
- Utilise continuous improvement tools and techniques and support team members in their application
- Develop and maintain appropriate daily, weekly and monthly reporting mechanisms to monitor, control and improve performance – both operationally and financially
- Manage the allocation of work on a daily basis, controlling headcount and overtime budgets and ensuring cost, quality and delivery targets met
Some management experience would be an advantage, and you will need substantial operational experience, but above all you’ll have a passion to deliver exceptional service and continuously improve, whilst leading, coaching, and developing your team.
You may have experience of the following: First Line Manager, Line Manager, Team Leader, Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse Supervisor, Shift Manager, Logistics Team Leader, Logistics Supervisor, Transport Team Leader, Supply Chain, Distribution, Distribution Team Leader, Continuous Improvement, Shift Supervisor, etc.