Electrical Engineer .
Breedon is a leading construction materials group in the UK and Ireland. We operate two cement plants and around 80 quarries, 40 asphalt plants, 170 ready-mixed concrete and mortar plants, nine concrete and clay products plants, four contract surfacing businesses, six import/export terminals and two slate production facilities.
Position: Electrical Craftsperson
Location: Hope, Derbyshire (Commutable from Sheffield, Buxton, Bakewell & surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: competitive remuneration package will be offered including pension and life assurance.
Closing date for applications: 24th May, 2019
About the role:
We are currently seeking an Electrical Craftsperson to be part of our maintenance team at our Cement Works in Hope, Derbyshire. The maintenance team play a key role in our daily operations and major plant shutdown ensuring that we reliably supply quality cement to our customers.
The ideal candidate will be a time served or apprentice trained electrical / process control engineering craftsperson and possess an ONC / HNC or equivalent in electrical engineering. It is also essential you have electrical and process control experience in a heavy industrial environment.
- Multi-skilled engineering maintenance.
- 17th Edition Wiring regulation BS7671 certificate.
- PLC and VSD Experience (preferably Mitsubishi).
- Good working knowledge of electrical LV isolation.
- Working knowledge and experience of medium / high voltage networks including switching methods and maintenance operations.
- Working knowledge of instrumentation systems e.g. control loops, measurement devices and process gas analysis equipment.
- Working knowledge of process gas analysis systems and techniques.
- Working knowledge of automatic laboratory sampling systems, typically Polysius Polab.
- Good understanding of electrical maintenance methods and techniques.
- Sound working knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Good working knowledge of the cement manufacturing process.
You will be computer literate and analytical, with the ability to use your initiative to prioritise tasks. It would be an advantage if you have an IOSH Managing Safely qualification and Permit to Work authorised person training.
The Group places the highest importance on sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental management and you will be expected to contribute to the Company’s zero harm culture.
You may have experience of the following: Electrical Craftsperson, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Bias, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Engineer, 17th Edition, Electrician, etc.