Quarry Process Operator / Quarry Operative .
Breedon is a leading construction materials group in the UK and Ireland. We operate two cement plants and around 80 quarries, 40 asphalt plants, 170 ready-mixed concrete and mortar plants, nine concrete and clay products plants, four contract surfacing businesses, six import/export terminals and two slate production facilities.
Position: Quarry Process Operators
Location: Hope, Derbyshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £Competitive Salary
Benefits: A competitive remuneration package will be offered including pension and life assurance.
Closing date for applications: 23rd May, 2019
About the role:
An exciting opportunity for 2 flexible, self-motivated and positive individuals to work as members of the Limestone Quarry Production team at Hope Cement Works. Shift working will be a requirement of the job role, including some weekend work.
- Operating to high health, safety and environmental standards.
- Loading at the face with either a wheeled loader or 360 excavator.
- Hauling limestone from the quarry face to the primary crusher.
- Operation of the limestone processing system.
- First line maintenance and housekeeping duties.
- GCSE grade C or above, Maths and English.
- Operation of large wheeled loader or 360 excavator in quarry applications, rigid 60 tonne truck operation or processing plant experience.
- NVQ level 2 or MPQC qualified in large rigid truck, excavator and loader operations.
- Excellent safety awareness.
- Operational experience in a large quarry.
The Group places the highest importance on sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental management and you will be expected to contribute to the Company’s zero harm culture.
You may have experience of the following: Quarry Process Operator, Heavy Plant, MPQC Driver Skills Card, Mineral Products Qualifications Council, EPIC, Quarry Operative, etc.