Commercial Underwriter .
PIB is a growing group of insurance advisory businesses. The business is growing rapidly through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market.
Position: Commercial Underwriter
Location: aQmen - Leatherhead, Surrey
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000 - £30,000 per annum
About the role:
aQmen are now looking for a new Commercial Underwriter to join our growing team in Leatherhead. The purpose of the role is to:
Contribute towards aQmen’s aim of becoming a leading specialist underwriting agency in its chosen specialisms. Develop the aQmen business in line with agreed authority levels, business plans and budgets. Use industry knowledge and experience, and to work with clients, insurers and staff, to deliver appropriate and competitive insurance terms, conditions and service levels. Provide compliant and timely administration and documentation.
- Utilising relevant insurance products, underwriting systems guidelines to deliver insurer and aQmen requirements.
- Providing appropriate management information as required. Contributing to team activity in line with service level standards, business plans and budgets.
- Liaising with brokers and insurers in terms of coverage and pricing as required. Dealing with New Business, Renewal and MTA’s in line with agreed underwriting guidelines. Setting up the appropriate files and keeping up to date.
- Processing of orders including policy production and payment processing. Answering phone calls and emails within agreed authority limits. Adhere to compliance and regulatory procedures.
- Manage own and others’ time and workloads effectively and efficiently. Build relationships with aQmen colleagues and external brokers and insurers.
- Understand and implement ‘best practice’ in client service, compliance systems and processes, and financial management.
- Communicate effectively (orally and in writing) at a senior level with clients and markets, and within aQmen; report on agreed plans and budgets.
- Appropriate knowledge of all classes of business and products offering cross-selling opportunities.
You may have experience of the following: Underwriter, Insurance, Underwriting, Financial Services, Account Handler, Insurance Broker, Underwriting Assistant, Technical Underwriter, Assistant Underwriter, CII, etc.
From a previous similar advert:
- Minimum 5 GCSE, Grades A-C including English and Maths
- Minimum Certification CII qualification, working towards Diploma
- Computer Literate
- Experience of working within a Regulated FCA environment desirable
- Previous (Liability / Motor / Professional Risks / Property) underwriting experience is essential
- Understanding of the Broker market & ability to develop effective broker relationships
- Proven understanding of underwriting guidelines for all transactions (renewals, endorsements, cancellations, etc.). and ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of market wordings and products.
- Works well under pressure and ability to adapt and remain flexible in approach
- Strong Communication techniques, including verbal, listening and negotiation skills
- Mathematical skills are essential with specific skills around accuracy and attention to detail