Infrastructure Team Lead .
Perfect Image are a leading IT Solutions Provider based at Cobalt Business Park with over 27 years experience delivering expert solutions to a diverse range of clients. We take exceptional pride in our expertise and customer service focus, something which is well represented by our continued growth. In order to continue this growth we are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Team Leader to join us, heading up a team of highly skilled Engineers as they deliver network, server, cloud and other infrastructure projects. You will drive performance through exceptional resource planning skills, man-management, technical capability and a strong customer service ethos.
This role is ideal for someone who wants to be at the forefront of high-end Infrastructure and Cloud projects done with a focus on excellence across technology and customer service. The ideal candidate would be proven in both delivery and leadership of Infrastructure and / or Cloud projects end to end.
Position: Infrastructure Team Lead
Location: Cobalt Business Park, Newcastle
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hour per week Monday to Friday
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 (Depending on experience) plus Company benefits
Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, profit and performance related bonus, occupational sick scheme, company pension scheme, career progression plan, cycle to work scheme, childcare voucher scheme.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Managed Services & Infrastructure, you will lead the Infrastructure Project Delivery team in delivering network, server, cloud & other information technology implementation projects to a range of clients across the UK. Managing, leading and developing the team and the services it offers will be key to success in the role.
You will drive your team to offer exceptional customer service, through excellent written, oral and organisational skills. The ability to prioritise, give direction and align service delivery against the agreed proposals, solutions and budgets is vital. You will be technically minded, have a history of delivering infrastructure projects, and be able to draw upon this to support the team in order to foster a culture of motivation, enthusiasm and exceptional customer service. Therefore it’s essential that you are team orientated, have solid management and leadership experience and be client focussed.
There will also be a need to visit customer sites where necessary, therefore excellent interpersonal and communications skills are also required. It is vital that you’re able to prioritise and adapt, managing your own time and allocation of time for your team. All development, both technical and specialist, will be within the remit of this role. You will be required to maintain and nurture business relationships through effective communication with internal and 3rd party stakeholders.
- Maintains staffing levels by recruiting, selecting and training staff; creating a happy and motivated environment; resource management; effective communication; enabling staff progression and development.
- Accomplishes results by setting and communicating expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job outcomes; coaching, supporting and disciplining staff; developing, coordinating, following and enforcing system, process, policy, security and delivery standards.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality standards; analysing and resolving quality and service delivery problems; identifying trends in service provision and best practice approaches; evaluating outcomes; recommending system / process improvements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops, seminars, events; participating in self-learning and development; establishing personal networks.
- Work effectively with the team to commercially agree technical designs and approaches.
- Ownership and responsibility for Perfect Image’s internal IT infrastructure, including security, maintenance, business continuity and service provision.
- Support customer facing activities and team delivery needs.
- Work closely with Technical Operations Team Leader and Service Desk Manager on support related issues, team communication and succession plans – general principle in behaviours.
- Assist the project management function with project management and where required lead from a project management position.
- Provide sponsorship and support to solutions architecture and project management functions.
- Other ad-hoc work as instructed by the Head of Managed Services and Infrastructure for internal and external customers.
- Occasional travel away from home may be required.
- Has an adaptive and positive attitude to challenges and change.
- Works well under pressure and goes the extra mile to ensure excellent customer service.
- Is commercially focused, supporting and driving profitability of the business.
- Has high level of attention to detail and time management.
- Takes ownership of issues and shows initiative in solving them.
- Is self-driven and results orientated.
- Is comfortable dealing with conflict and uncertainty?
- Takes pride in the development of the team and the individuals in it.
- Exposure to infrastructure consultancy and project delivery.
- Experience in identifying the cause of infrastructure related problems (root cause analysis).
- Understanding performance monitoring and capacity planning practices.
- Accepting ownership of the Infrastructure team workload, directing and co-ordinating activities.
- Business awareness: Understanding of how technical solutions and support have a direct impact on how a client perceives efficiency, reliability, security and value.
- Commercial Awareness: Ability to balance service delivery and client satisfaction against both financial and operational targets.
- Ability to lead a team and deliver projects from inception to completion.
- Take a technical lead on projects as and when required.
- You must possess a full UK driving license and have suitable transport with business insurance.
- Experience in managing Microsoft based products and solutions.
- Understanding of managing, supporting and configuring virtualised environments (VMware and Hyper-V, Clustering).
- Some exposure to public cloud infrastructure (Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure).
- Experience with delivering application and desktop virtualisation.
- Experience of LAN, WAN, WLAN and cloud based technologies.
- Knowledge of networking topologies including switching, VLAN’s, routing and remote access.
- Understanding of Service Management tools and ITIL processes.
- Understanding of Microsoft O365 services.
- Understanding of security and compliance (e.g. GDPR).
- Up to date knowledge of systems, topology, architecture and licensing.
You may have experience of the following: Infrastructure Team Leader, Infrastructure Supervisor, Infrastructure Manager, IT Manager, IT Team Leader, IT Supervisor, Infrastructure Technician, Network Team Leader, Network Manager, etc.