Planner / Trainee Planner (Built Environment) .
Woods Hardwick is one of the UK’s leading multidisciplinary professional practices specialising in the built environment, offering a complete consultancy including architecture, civil engineering, structural engineering, transport planning, town planning and land surveying. They combine their breadth of expertise and depth of knowledge to deliver thoughtful, commercial and unique built environment services.
Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £26,000 to £30,000 per annum, depending on experience
Benefits: 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays); Pension auto-enrolment; Retirement benefits scheme; Group income protection; Life assurance and medical expenses scheme; Travel insurance; Regular social events; Friendly and inclusive working environment; Regular training and development.
About the role:
- Preparing planning appraisals, including researching site history and relevant planning policy position
- Preparing Planning Statements to justify development proposals
- Assisting in the co-ordination of applications for major development projects, including attending project meetings and meetings with LPA Officers
- Preparing appeal statements
- Tracking the progress of Local Plans, preparing representations on Local Plan consultations and examinations
- Client facing or working towards being client facing (we can assist with this)
- 2 to 5 years’ planning experience
- MRTPI, or working towards full membership
- Shows initiative and enthusiasm throughout their work
- Working well as part of a team as well as individual creative thinking
- Strong communication including writing reports and presenting
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Methodological approach with a high attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills and relevant knowledge of Planning software
- Ability to remain calm under pressure with strong problem solving skills
- Budget and financial management
You may have experience of the following: Planning Officer, Enquiry Officer, Analyst, Graduate Planning Officer, Planning Administrator, Planning Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service, Planning Assistant, Town and Country Planning, Town Planning, MRTPI etc.