Trainee Underwriter .
PIB is a growing group of insurance advisory businesses. The business is growing rapidly through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market.
Position: Trainee Underwriter
Location: aQmen - Leatherhead, Surrey
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000 - £24,000 per annum
About the role:
aQmen are now looking for a new Trainee Underwriter join our growing team in Leatherhead. The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in starting a career within the insurance sector.
The purpose of the role is:
Contribute towards aQmen’s aim of becoming a leading specialist underwriting agency in its chosen specialisms. Develop skills to help build aQmen’s business in line with agreed authority levels, business plans and budgets. Build industry knowledge and experience, and to work with clients, insurers and staff, to deliver appropriate and competitive insurance terms, conditions and service levels.
Provide compliant and timely administration and documentation.
- Liaising with clients, brokers and insurers in terms of coverage and pricing as required. Reviewing completed presentations and providing feedback to clients and brokers as necessary.
- Dealing with New Business, Renewal and MTA’s as per agreed underwriting guides and authorities. Setting up the appropriate files and keeping up to date.
- Completing check sheets and ensuring underwriting rationale is recorded as appropriate. Ensuring all documentation meets TCF including Contract Certainty requirements.
- When orders are received, processing of orders including policy production and invoicing. Answering phone calls and emails within agreed authority limits.
- Adhere to compliance and regulatory procedures. Supporting other colleagues as required.
- Manage time and workloads effectively and efficiently.
- Build relationships with aQmen colleagues and external brokers and insurers.
- Understand and implement ‘best practice’ in client service, compliance systems and processes.
- Communicate effectively (orally and in writing) with clients and markets, and within aQmen.
- Report on agreed plans and budgets.
- Appropriate knowledge of all classes of business and products offering cross-selling opportunities.
You may have experience of the following: Underwriter, Casualty Underwriter, Underwriting, Insurance Underwriting, Insurance Underwriter, Financial Services, Insurance Broker, Assistant Underwriter, Underwriting Assistant, etc.