Engineering Services Manager (Maintenance).
We are one of the leading independent engineering and services businesses in the UK. Founded in 1921, with a turnover of £500m and 3000 employees, we are proud of our history of developing great people through our investment in training.
Working across a variety of sectors within the building and infrastructure industry, our innovative, responsible and forward thinking approach allows us to work on fantastic ground-breaking projects, providing solutions using the latest tools and technologies.
Progression is something we value and we’ll make sure that when you join us you have a clearly defined development path, supported by regular reviews, training and ongoing support to enable you to be the best you can be.
Position: Engineering Services Manager (Maintenance)
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire (Commutable from Southampton, Fareham, Chichester, Waterlooville & surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. There is also a requirement to be on the Technical Call-Out which is 1 in 4 weeks.
Salary: £36,000 to £39,000 per annum
Benefits: Holiday (25 Days), Pension with leading provider, private healthcare, discounts, personal development programme and flexible benefits
About the role:
We are currently recruiting an experienced Engineering Services Manager to join our Hard Service maintenance contract providing Mechanical, Electrical & Building Fabric Maintenance to the Gunwharf Quays Shopping Centre in Portsmouth.
Reporting to the Regional Technical Manager the Engineering Service Manager is to provide leadership and management of a team of service engineers and specialist service partners to create a world class shopping centre environment working in partnership with the asset owner Land Securities. The Engineering Manager will provide a customer interface to ensure a proactive approach to customer service, develop the service offering and build effective partnership with the local customer team.
We require an experienced Engineering Services Manager who has a background and qualifications in either a Mechanical or Electrical field and have experience managing a team of engineers delivering planned and preventative maintenance within building services.
Working hours are 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. There is also a requirement to be on the Technical Call-Out which is 1 in 4 weeks.
- To support and lead a team of service engineers and specialist service partners to create a world class shopping centre environment working in partnership with the asset owner Land Securities.
- To provide a customer interface to ensure a proactive approach to customer service, develop the service offering and build effective partnership with the local customer team.
- To maximise productivity and utilisation of engineering resource ensuring PDA technology is utilised by all engineers at all times to maximise efficiencies and reporting metrics.
- Delivery of contract financial plan, including gross profit, WIP and debt collection.
- Take responsibility for carrying out regular audits to ensure that quality of works, both PPM & Reactive, are implemented to the highest standards.
- Undertake regular audits of specialist subcontractor services to ensure contract compliance and quality of service; value for money.
- Monitor first fix times for all engineers to determine training / development and performance management needs.
- To be the focal point for team recruitment, induction and retention.
- Conduct monthly team meetings to ensure that all team members are engaged with NG Bailey Facilities Services activities, best practise, announcements etc.
- Liaise closely with Customer Managers carrying out service delivery performance analysis to ensure service delivery meets client expectations.
- Play an active part in the development of service delivery seeking new ways of working; best practise and continuous improvement.
- Experience of delivering exceptional customer service by self and through others.
- Experience in the management of team of engineers providing planned and preventative maintenance service to clients.
- Background / Qualifications in either an Electrical or Mechanical field.
- Experience within building services.
- Thorough knowledge of building management systems (BMS).
- Knowledge of CAFM systems.
- Knowledge of Retail environments desirable.
You may have experience of the following: Engineering Manager, Maintenance Supervisor, Mechanical Engineer, Project Management, Building Services, Maintenance Engineer, Senior Service Engineer, Project Manager, Electrical Engineer, Engineering Delivery Manager, Chartered Engineer, Health and Safety, Project Engineer, Service Engineer, etc.