Food Service Manager .
Blakemore Retail is the convenience retail division of the A.F. Blakemore Group based in the West Midlands. Founded by Arthur and Harriet Blakemore in 1917, A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd began life as a one-man counter service grocery store in Wolverhampton. Over the past century, under the stewardship of Arthur’s son, Frank and grandson, Peter, the A.F. Blakemore Group has grown into one of the largest privately-owned companies in the UK and now employs more than 8,200 people with a turnover of £1.3 billion.
With more than 5,100 employees and over 300 SPAR stores located across England and Wales, Blakemore Retail is one of the UK’s leading convenience store operators.
Putting people first is the philosophy that has resulted in Blakemore Retail becoming the dynamic, forward-thinking success story that it is today, and it is this belief that will continue to drive the company’s growth forward in the next century.
Position: Food Service Manager (Greggs)
Location: Raunds, Northants, NN9 6HS
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week; various to meet needs of business, incl. mornings, days, evenings and weekends
Benefits: Company Sick Pay, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering opportunities.
Closing date: May 19, 2019
About the role:
The Food Service Manager will maximise sales and profit of the fresh food operation by managing the continuous improvement of the department and its staff, control of range, costs and leakage and provision of friendly efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
- Deliver customer service in line with sparkling Service standards
- Be fully aware of KRA’s and work to deliver and improve them
- Contribute ideas for driving the department and its team forward
- Monitoring competitor activity and propose / deliver appropriate responses
- Develop a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
- Use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and period training
- Manage and control department costs in accordance with agreed budgets
- Adherence to cash and stock control policies, ensuring and assisting others to do the same
- Could be required to travel to sites other than normal place of work for business purposes and may be required to work evenings and weekends
- Basic food hygiene or higher (must have or be prepared undertake this qualification)
- NVQ level 2-3 in food safety, retail skills, customer care (or similar) is desirable
- An understanding of budgets & targets and the ability to work to deliver and improve them is essential
- Ability to generate ideas for driving the business and its team forward.
- Knowledge of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a fresh food operation and the skill to manage those responsibilities is essential
- Previous experience in a customer facing role and at a supervisory / managerial level is desirable
- Previous experience in preparing hot and cold foods in a retail or catering environment (or similar) desirable
- Welsh speaking desirable but no essential.
You may have experience of the following: Restaurant Manager, Food Retail, Supervisor, Team Leader, Food Production, Assistant Manager, People Management, Restaurant, Retail Fresh Food Manager etc.