Java Developer - Java 8, Spring, Agile .
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focussed solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of over 160 people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.
Position: Java Software Engineer
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000 to £50,000 (dependant on experience)
Benefits: Pension, Healthcare, Life Cover, Bonus
About the role:
Our Software Engineering team is growing; if you are passionate about developing software the right way then this is a great opportunity.
We operate in a fast paced and changeable environment, so you will naturally be aligned to our culture of disruption and innovation and relish the challenge of finding ways to make this work better. You will be joining one of four dedicated development teams using Agile Scrum, where you are empowered to take full ownership of the software and its delivery. At UKCloud we aim to delight our customers by delivering technology that is designed to significantly reduce time, cost and risk.
If working with a market leading organisation like UKCloud sounds exciting and you would like to find out more, then we would love to hear from you.
- Working within an Agile engineering team to design, code and unit-test technical solutions in accordance with established standards.
- Deliver secure, high quality, performant and extensible applications that enable UKCloud to achieve its business goals.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert level code and application support when needed, including analysis and resolution of technical and application problems.
- Actively engage with stakeholders, other projects and technical teams to improve cross working and team knowledge.
- Maintain technical knowledge of current technical trends and standards e.g. attending conferences.
- Strong working knowledge of Java with experience of RESTful API and micro-service development using Java 8, Spring and Spring Boot; able to design and code services following SOLID and 12-Factor App principles.
- Good problem investigation and technical debugging skills.
- Commercial experience of Enterprise-level software development.
- Working with agile teams and practices, e.g. Scrum, Extreme programming (XP) and Test-driven development (TDD).
- Continuous Delivery (CI / CD), including build scripts and version management tools.
- SQL database technologies; able to design queries and appropriately normalised schemas against MySQL / MariaDB, PostgreSQL or similar.
- RabbitMQ or other Advanced Message Queuing Protocol implementations.
- Vagrant, Docker and orchestration platforms like Kubernetes or OpenShift.
- Virtualisation principals and Cloud platforms like VMware, OpenStack, AWS, Azure security coding practices (OWASP and similar).
- NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
You may have experience of the following: Java Software Engineer, Java Developer, Software, Programmer Java Software Developer, Software Development Engineer, Software Systems Developer, Web Developer, etc.