Head of Operations (Automotive / Logistics) .
You may remember Unipart as the company that revolutionised the automotive parts industry in the 1970s. Unipart is different company today with clients such as McLaren, Apple, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. The Unipart Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and Consultancy Company that employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Position: Head of Operations
Location: Tamworth, Staffordshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £60,000 per annum plus car and benefits
About the role:
We are looking for a Head of Operations who can deliver a World class level of operational and customer service excellence both within your own teams and cross functionally. You will achieve this through effective continuous improvement, effective process management, and the establishment and maintenance of inspirational leadership.
You will lead multiple teams and ensure that a culture of performance through engagement is successfully embedded and maintained, driving innovation, and high levels of organisational capability. As a proven leader you will develop a clear vision and provide clear direction for your teams, defining operational strategy and setting clear and measurable operational goals and supporting their achievement. You will be a role model for, and will instil, the Unipart 7 fundamentals of leadership and the 18 principles of the Unipart Way, bringing these principles to life and encouraging the expression of their underlying behaviours across your team.
- Ensure health, safety and environment standards are exceeded on an on-going basis and actively promote individual responsibility for health, safety and environment
- Become a coach in ‘The Unipart Way’ and an expert in its application
- Act as a change agent, ensuring continuous improvement is embedded throughout own teams and their direct reports
- Actively promote, take responsibility for embedding a culture of performance through engagement within own teams and their direct reports
- Responsible for 4 to 5 Operations Managers and their Team Leaders
- Responsibility for operational budgets; ensuring quality and cost delivery
- Lead and manage the design, implementation and development of capable, repeatable and reliable operational processes to create and maintain a robust framework for delivering both day to day work and the business plan going forward
- Ensure operating procedures and processes meet quality requirements and support performance improvement objectives; taking into account the need to respond to volume fluctuations and changes in business and customer need
- Drive performance improvements through auditing processes and reporting mechanisms
- Manage and develop resource capability and capacity in order to meet with medium and long term business plans
- Lead and direct your team to implement strategies that creates, sustains and embeds a culture of performance through engagement and develops its people to create a succession plan
- Create and maintain close working relationships with the customers delivering high levels of customer engagement and business growth opportunities
- Liaise with customer representatives to resolve concerns, develop, maintain and grow the customer relationship for the long term, focusing on organisational partnership
- Relevant industry experience - automotive, supply chain logistics
- Good literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE maths, minimum 3 x A Level qualification at Grade C or above)
- Computer literate, working knowledge of Microsoft office or equivalent, e-mail, SAP, WMS
- Previous experience of managing and leading teams
- ILM qualification desirable
- ILT qualification desirable
- Understanding of financial management and profit and loss
You may have experience of the following: Head of Operations, Director of Operations, Business Manager, Commercial Manager, Logistics Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Project Manager, Programme Manager, Operations Manager, Operations Director, Senior Operations Manager, etc.