HGV Driver (Class 2) .
From Henry Barrett starting the business in 1866, Barrett Steel has provided over 150 years of a hands-on customer service approach, a mindset that sets us apart from our competitors. A leading steel stock holding business, Barrett Steel has 43 companies within the group employing 1100 employees across 25+ locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet.
We strive to develop long-term partnerships. We are progressive, solution focused and work with our customers to help them realise their project’s full potential. We provide a vital link in the supply chain from producer to customer.
Position: HGV Class 2 Driver
Location: Reading (commutable from Newbury, Wokingham, Maidenhead and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday 06:30am to 15:30pm
Benefits: 21 days holiday plus bank holidays, overtime paid at time and a third, Pension & bonus potential (performance related).
About the role:
Are you a driver looking for a fresh new challenge and want to be part of a great team? Then we want to hear from you!!
Unlike some other roles, this role is Monday to Friday 06:30am to 15:30pm with no night work.
How it feels to work for us:
We provide a fantastic opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation that is respected as the UK’s leading independent steel stockholder. Our people are the driving force behind Barrett Steel and we seek individuals who are passionate, hard-working, ambitious and demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude to help us build and develop the business. Barrett Steel encourages innovative thinking and has an open door for people to lead and influence change.
This role is a multi-drop role, carrying out driving & related duties involved with the carriage of steel goods within the area.
- To oversee the safe unloading of vehicles at customer premises and delivering excellent Customer Service.
- Ensuring Proofs of Delivery are signed & returned without delay.
- To check the load security & weight distribution according to latest safe working practices at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Ensures vehicles are in safe condition, with daily checks correctly completed before use, & are operated in a safe manner.
- Ideally experience & knowledge of steel handling & making multi drop deliveries although full training will be offered to the right candidate.
- To hold a valid HGV Class 2 Licence (with no more than 6 points).
- Own a Driver CPC & Digital Tachograph card with knowledge of working time directive.
- Understanding and experience of EHS requirements.
- Good attention to detail & customer service skills.
You may have experience of the following: Driver, HGV Driver, Class 2 Driver, Class 2 HGV Driver, Heavy Goods Vehicle Driver, Delivery Driver, Lorry Driver, etc.