Valuation Surveyor (Fixed Term Contract) .
Position: Valuation Surveyor
Job type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract Maternity Cover
Hours: 0830 - 1730 Monday - Friday
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Benefits: 23 days starting holiday (pro rata); 3% company pension contribution (after probation) or 1% government auto enrolment pension scheme (for non-members of company scheme); Life insurance (1 x basic salary); Private medical insurance (after 2 years); Corporate gym membership (Fitness First); Annual season ticket loan; Ride to work scheme; Annual flu jabs; Annual eye care vouchers; Child care vouchers; Discounted partnership cards; Employee assistance programme; Discounted travel club membership; Personal accident cover (for workplace)
About the role:
Chestertons is currently searching for a qualified Surveyor to join our established Valuation Department on a fixed term contract for maternity cover. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an experienced team who are experts in their field. We’re looking for someone with bags of energy, who takes pride in delivering exceptional service levels 100% of the time. Most importantly of all, you must enjoy a fast-paced, challenging environment and working with people.
- To produce accurate and high quality valuation reports in an efficient and timely manner.
- Being part of a successful team you will be reporting to one of the Directors and will need to have the ability to work independently and handle multiple cases.
- To have a good market knowledge and to keep up to date with market changes.
- Generate opportunities for cross–selling to other departments.
- To guide junior members of the team and to assist them in respect of their APC.
- Develop a reputation for being a market expert amongst peers.
- Develop relationships with relevant local and national professional organisations, businesses and institutions, with a view to winning new business.
- To observe RICS regulatory requirements and to be aware of any changes, including those in respect of the Red Book.
- To observe all Chestertons' policies and procedures including those relating to Quality Assurance, Health, Safety and Welfare.
- RICS qualified (MRICS).
- RICS Registered Valuer.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and report writing skills with ability to dictate reports.
- Excellent IT skills and proficient in using Argus software (Investment and Development), Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadline.
- High level of market knowledge and both the ability and the desire to develop new business.
Chestertons is the London and international property specialist with a strong presence across the globe. We have one of the largest office networks in London and over 70 offices across 17 countries and four continents. Chestertons is a multi-award-winning London and international agency providing a wide variety of property services within the residential and commercial sectors, including Valuations, Sales and Lettings, Investment Agency, New Homes, Residential Development Consultancy, Property Management and Leasehold Services.
Our highly specialised teams include some of the foremost experts in the industry, meaning that our clients can have complete confidence in the advice they receive from us.
What makes us stand out? It's simple - our people. We go to extensive lengths to ensure we source and then, more importantly, retain our staff. Our exceptional learning and development department will work with you and your manager to ensure that your career goals are achieved, whether that means becoming a fully qualified Chartered Surveyor or a company Director; we're here for the long-run and want to make sure you are too.
You may have experience of the following: Valuations Surveyor, Surveying, Building Surveyor, MRICS, MCIOB, Cost Manager, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, Estate Agency, RICS, CIOB, Valuations Surveyor, etc.